Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Selling a bike to someone out of the country

Is there anything I should know about selling a bike to someone in Germany? what is the proceedure, do I have to still send the half of the V5C to the DVLA to inform them? I'm sure some of you must have sold a bike like this, so any advice would be welcome.

Kind regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Re: Selling a bike to someone out of the country

I have 2 rules.
1. get cleared money before it goes out of sight
2. Make sure DVLA know I am no longer responsible for it & that they have details of the person who is taking over that responsibility so if the vehicle got used in a terrorist act it's not my door they break down at 5am : D

It's just a case of filling in & following instructions in the "Notification of permanent export" section of the V5C and give them a reciept as they would need to produce it.

John,

As a frequent buyer of British registered motorcycles I know there is an export slip on the V5C you have to send in to the DVLA to deregister the bike and have it marked as exported.

Kind regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Fred,

Not all foreign buyers are terrorists and motorcycle wreckers. And some do actually pay for what they buy. Give us foreigners some credits!

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Leon, but my 2 rules are general that apply to everyone. I wasn't saying it only applied to non UK buyers

(Also you have been a perfect customer after buying at least a few ebay items for prewar bsa's from me )

Thanks very much lads, I knew I'd get the answer on this site.

Kind regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Selling a bike to someone out of the country

Since living in France, I have bought a number of bikes from the UK, and have found that the re-registration proceedure over here is a lot simpler if I have a V5C in my name, so I provide the vendor with a UK address for UK registration purposes and only send of the 'permanently exported' slip once the bike's on French plates.
Scorp.

email (option): wm20@scorpionvideo.net

A M20 used in a terrorist act.... ?
I would sure like to see that on the 9 0'clock news ! Terrorism in slow motion...

The buyer in Germany will find it much easier to Register the bike if he has a bill of sale. Having done this a few times myself I have a bilingual version that you can have if you like. Mail me an I'll send you a copy.

Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

If the motorcycle is ex Military you should have a government license to export it just as you should for any ex military hardware, which I understand is a different licence to the "OGEL" "Open General Export Licence" which you technically need to take an ex military vehicle outside the UK on holiday, although the government seem to have backtracked on that one for short trips to France.

However this seems to be a law which to my knowledge isn't enforced.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(at)yahoo.co.uk

Michael
A M20 used in a terrorist act.... ?
I would sure like to see that on the 9 0'clock news ! Terrorism in slow motion...

I did think that when I said it but then I also thought that it's so unlikely it's a clever choice. However I never said it would be a good getaway bike.

Nieuwe pagina 1