Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Engine restauration help

Hello everyone!

The frame, gearbox, and wheel are almost ready to put back together. Now aim looking at the engine and a i think hope work has to be done. I need to put new valve gliders in an new piston, rebore. probably balance the crankshaft and maybe new bearings. etc.. I am looking for someone in Holland or in belgium who could help me. I would love if there is someone who has the experience and would help me. I would love to look and learn if someone has the time to help me forward. Off course i pay for work! if no hobbyist are there, a good adres who has experience with the bsa wm20 engine would do fine! Only thing i would miss then, is that i can't learn about it. I live in Tilburg(brabant)

Thanx everyone!

email (option): jeroen.roos@hccnet.nl

Re: Engine restauration help

There's no need to balance the crankshaft if your using an ordinary M20 piston.

Thanx, Keith. I just wondering how i can check if everything is alright within the crankcase? I don't want to take it apart if everything is allright. are there some check's i can do to have some idea if its allright so i can leave it alone?

email (option): jeroen.roos@hccnet.nl

Hello Jeroen
This topic is so huge there is no time or space to write it here. I suggest you go to http://tuningforspeed.com/ and download Phil Irvings book, it will explain everything. Its all free.
Regards
Keith H

Hi Jeroen...I have to admit I come from the group that believes in full mechanical overhaul if you want to seriously use a bike...

It seems to me if you want to KNOW rather than GUESS what is the condition of the internal parts of your engine etc. and what is going on, then there is no substitute for a thorough rebuild...

Going carefully through the complete thing and 'setting the clock to zero' will reduce the chances of unexpected breakdowns, will give you the chance to run it in properly and service it correctly from the outset and should lead to you having long and reliable service from it...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1