Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Repair Data Plate

Hello:

Looking for pictures of Repair data plate that was mounted on rear fender/ mud guard.

Thanks,
Brian

email (option): bwlukhard@msn.com

Re: Repair Data Plate

hi,here's one on ebay 231074491229 but you will have to enter your own data.
The plate usually contains the army registration number,the overhaul date and a
workshop ref number where the work was carried out and the date.This info may
be in the key cards,you will have to ask nicely.Also your frame number will be helpful
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Here is the information on my bike.

Frame WM20.103506
Engine WM20.941
Front fender 15YE69

What would the army registration number be? IS that the number on tank?

Thanks,
Brian

email (option): bwlukhard@msn.com

Those plates on ebay are the large post war plates. Sometimes found on or in motorcycle tool boxes with the corners cut off. Here is the type used during the war (at least late war) I don't know when the started using them and this one is just post war. Ron

photo Scan-131031-0001_zps165830a4.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hello Brian,

Your (post war) army registration number is 15YE69. This number "replaced" the war time census number that was painted on the petrol tank. I guess you know that this data plate is a post war thing... It was usually rivetted to the toolbox lid.

The repair plate in Ron's post was only used at the end of the war, and shortly after the war. I don't think that repros of this one are available.

The plate that can be found on the rear mudguard is the contract plate. The numbers on the contract plate are the contract number under which your bike was made and the spare parts catalogue reference number for this contract (respectively S/2603 and 35 for your frame number, but I'm not quite sure about your engine number's origin... ). S contracts had a steel contract plate, here's another thread about these plates.

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1