Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WD M20 footrests

Hi,has anyone come across any dodgy Indian made footrests? I just received a pair off ebay,ad seemed genuine enough,photo ok,description rigid girder unused sat in
shed, only to find they have a square hole in instead of a spline.
Think i will bounce them back to mr Alibongo
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Re: WD M20 footrests

Hi Rick, could you post some pictures, I'm intrigued.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(at)yahoo.co.uk

On the ebay photo you can just see the problem with the square hole.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Almost looks like an insert in the hole- but they do seem to be WD M20 and I wonder if there was any model with a square hole?

The Indians do make replicas of these but you have to wonder whether these are originals which have been modified to fit something else...some bikes do have square footrest bars....
It also appears that the mounting boss of the left hand footrest in the photos has been shortened at the end nearest the primary chaincase...Ian

In the second photo looks like a part num or partial part num on the short boss that Ian was talking about.
By the way I thought you where joking when you said Mr Alibongo!!

On subject of left side footrests having material removed from the back .. its been done in the past so a washer (thick one with a slight chamfer) can be used to make up the gap.
Then a forked type ball joint splitter can be used between the two to release the footrest without risk of damage to chain case. ...
Some replacement footrest extensions have such tight splines that it hampers removal & it's a shame to rework them for a loser fit.

Hi everyone who answered,you are an observant lot Yes they do appear to have some sort if insert fitted,i will have to take one to work and see if it will press out.There is a number or part of one on the one with the shorter boss
??- 4913 ? there is also one on the other with the longer boss but i cant read it.
The castings are crisp,definition is good ,no scuffs on the tips.Pity I sentsome pics to Henk to post up,but he has filled his quota on photobucket so cant
upload,Will come back if the inserts press out.
Cheers Rick
Mr alibongo may have worked his magic on them

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

66-4913 would be the number

Nieuwe pagina 1