Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cyclon batteries

My 6V Cyclon 0859-0012 battery did not survive last winter, so I need a new one. But where in the Netherlands can I find them?

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Re: Cyclon batteries

See how you get on Hans. I buy mine from Mick Ash at the jumbles. £17 (5amp)at Kempton last Sat. I'm sure Me/Lex can help on 7th Dec if you can't find any. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

If it's any help Hans, I bought batteries off eBay from this company :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171118426428?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_261wt_721

Ian

email (option): ian@integsci.com

Hans.

You could try West Co not sure of their web site but you can google it they do quite a good range I have just got a new 6V 13AH for £26 but do check on the measurements of the batteries as mine will not fit in a normal case unless I do some modifications.

Regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Hi Hans...You should charge them occasionally when they are not being used...If allowed to drop below 4 volts it is supposed to compromise their ability to take a recharge....
There is some info. on this on the internet...Ian

Thanks guys! On second thought I put the battery on a drip loader, and now after a couple of days it holds 6.4 volts. Now I have to wait if it does not drop again

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Hi Hans

Occasional trickle charge is recommended for these types of batteries especially if standing idle, but do try to avoid conventional automotive chargers , they do not work successfully in most occasions if battery voltage is low

Use a suitable / recommended charger when required

From experience at work, batteries returned under warranty, had a 95% recovery rate if the correct charger was used after return and subsequent testing

I buy my 4.5A 6v batteries in Maplin electronics here in the UK, they also supply chargers and at prices below that of UK autojumbles

My little secret, so say nothing !!

:-D

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hans,

have a look at Conrad.nl

for 20 euro you have a nice Yuasa NP4-6 Loodaccu (Loodvlies) 6 V 4 Ah Aansluiting: Kabelschoen 4,8 mm accu

we used them in professional small telephone equipment

http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/250839/Yuasa-NP4-6-Loodaccu-Loodvlies-6-V-4-Ah-Aansluiting-Kabelschoen-48-mm

Be aware not to use Nicad accu's on the Lucas controlled motor cycles ..
these accu's requires exact charging voltage depending on their temperature.
Lucas regulator is no so exact. The same as old fashioned chargers . the have no voltage controller. it is just a plain resistor in series with transformer.

ruud

email (option): ruud.klaui@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1