Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bren carrier wheels?

is what I think these are.
Over the years I have had a few wheels like this from various bits of machinery.
Only after I more or less gave them away I found out what they really are

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STATIONARY-ENGINE-SHEPHERDS-HUT-LIVING-VAN-BARN-FIND-VINTAGE-TRACTOR-/121199986914?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item1c381508e2

Re: Bren carrier wheels?

Hi Ken,you could well be right,121202392843
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Indeed they are Ken/Rick. There were a few styles (some with curved spokes for instance) they will have a date cast into them, and going back to the inter war years on Vickers light tanks and such. Lots were used for shepherds huts and stationary engine trolleys after hundreds of these were cut up after the war. But now become valuable enough to sell on ebay. It's the rubber that deteriates, not the wheel, But some enterprising guys have found ways to re rubber them. Ron

photo Carrier002_zpsfd4fd419.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Same seller has some curved spoke ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STATIONARY-ENGINE-BARN-FIND-VINTAGE-TRACTOR-2-WHEEL-TROLLEY-/121199993493?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item1c38152295

I don't suppose you've got a spare two part anti-aircraft leg for the Bren Tripod you don't want in the back of that thing have you Ron?

While we are talking about interesting wheels on ebay, what do we make of this? Ebay number 221303982243

I should think the firms that put new solid tyres onto forktruck wheels can re shod them

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

No Bill. I only have the complete tripod you see in the back....with no spares.

Yes Rog that is the way to go, but a mould has to be made I believe and the old rubber stripped off. None is easy. Another problem is that the front idler wheels have thinner tyres....so another mould! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The curve spoke wheels are unique to the Ford T-16 Universal Carriers. They started out with straight spoke as found on regular carriers. Late war they also had a solid disc pattern similar to what you see on a lot of German armour.

His price is very good for a pair being they have decent rubber on them.

email (option): dgordon4@austin.rr.com

Nieuwe pagina 1