Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Worth looking at this one

Hi all,

I would like to share this picture. It's a Matchless G3L with a vokes filter on a very strange place.

Man on the picture is:

Cpl. G. Cokayne , army number 851301. Signal platoon attached to D Coy, 2nd Bn the South Staffordshire regt, 1st A/B division. I believe this picture was taken in Bulford 1943.

Found this picture between my wartime pics. Hope you'll enjoy it.

photo matchlesssouthstaff_zpse6484c4f.jpg

regards,

ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Re: Worth looking at this one

Its nothing really undiscovered.
The motorcycle press in wartime days often carried illustrations of improvised air filters, on Matchless being favourites, and often in a modified toolbox.

I keep meaning to dig out some and post them but I am swamped with other non bike stuff.

Anyone interested enough to make an offer on a stack of wartime Motorcycle and Motorcycling? all a bit tired and mouse chewed at the edges.
it'd have to be on a collection only basis.

Ken, I'm certainly interested in the Blue and Green uns!

I'll try to be at the Dec 7th Kempton, and could pick up, ot 17th Nov. at Malvern, email me direct please.

Re. the G3L picture, looks like the Aussie M20 filter setup! not seen the picture before, thanks Ramon, can you email me a high res. copy please?

Looks like the Signals badge is sewn over the Corp. stripes??

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike at welbike.net

Hi Lex,

Look in your mailbox. Sent you a copy before I posted it here.

It was fairly common that signal flags were sewn over the corporal or sergeant stripes.

regards,

ramon

Corporal Cokayne doesn't seem too bothered about the BSA WM20 that is on fire behind the barn......

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Did Cpl. G. Cokayne survive WW2

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Cpl. G. Cokayne was taken prisoner during the battle of Arnhem. He's not mentioned in the Roll of Honour of the battalion, so it's almost certain he survived WW2.

regards,

ramon

Nieuwe pagina 1