The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very nice M20 tool kit with pump on ebay

M20 tool kit on ebay with pump 321231653907

Re: Very nice M20 tool kit with pump on ebay

Hi Stephen, Just had a look on e bay, there are only 5 items in that tool kit that would be correct for the M20 toolkit.

email (option): petersmith542003@yahoo.com

I see what you mean now but if it goes for a song it must be ok just for the pump i dont have an m20 so i dont know the tools you need just thought someone on here might like it .

Hi Steven,

The tyre pump is postwar, but if it can be compressed to 14" it might fit a WM20 as well.

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

This seller has been listing these toolkits for years, seems to be more frequent recently. The tools seem to be accumulated from random sources, probably buys tons of old tools at flea markets, boot sales, etc, then found some post-war canvas tool rolls. The tie-strap is always carefully positioned over the 1955 date. Then the kits are assembled and listed as WD BSA . The tire pumps seem to be a recent addition to the listings- probably modern production (Interesting that his listings curiously call it a "recent addition" rather than recent "edition" that I'm sure he meant.
The jack-knife is neat though, and probably WW2 , but you would have to look at the date stamp on the can opener blade. Post-war knives have a convenient but incorrect bottle cap remover.
Yeah, I was suckered into buying one of these "WD BSA M20 kits" several years ago, at least there were a few more genuine tools in there at that time but not the tool roll.

Henk has nicely listed pictures on the technical pages of the website here if you want to see what the kit should contain.

Hi Vincent,
You mention the postwar tool roll. What does a wartime one look like? I use the tools section a lot, but there's no picture of what the toolroll should look like. I am trying to put together a tool kit as well as the bike Thanks,
Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

what would a complete m20 toolkit fetch if found ?

This is mine; although no stamping visible, certainly WW2 !
Note the leather strap.

Tool roll Hans 1 photo ToolrollHans1.jpg

Tool roll Hans 2 photo ToolrollHans2.jpg

Tool roll Hans 3 photo ToolrollHans3.jpg

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

I bought one of Ebay for £10.00 buy now.. the guy selling had no idea of which BSA it was for.It was a new old stock unused item complete with all the tools apart from pliers,wheel guage,feelers, & grease gun.The tool roll was same as Hans tool roll apart from it was all canvas.I ended up selling it on as it was ok for a display item but no real use on the side of road compared to modern tools.I have also seen these so called toolkits on ebay most are a mishmash of carboot finds and have no relation to motorcycle toolkits..
 photo TOOLSWM20007.jpg

This is mine....since 2006 i found the other box of chain spares, the half a crown romac tin (with contents) and the straps. actually most items are not rare, many people are just totally misinformed!

photo PICT0148_zpsc89f9884.jpg

and off topic.....this is the toolkit for my Austin Utility

photo kit_zps75e8fc26.jpg

Thanks Hans, Dave and Clive for all the information. The tool rolls that are being afford on ebay don't look correct.
Clive, I noticed that in your tool kit for the M20 that you have two of the same tappet spanner, I have two of the other type. Fancy a trade?
Regards,
Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

its been already replaced sorry :-)

Save yourself the trouble and just take a kitchen sink with you!

Somebody thought it was ok it made eighty seven pounds.

Nieuwe pagina 1