Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stafford October Jumble

I had a good weekend at Stafford Autojumble..Bumped into Rick and Lex from the Forum...
I found the missing RH footrest for my 1970 Bonneville project along with some very nice stainless carb manifolds, bought a stainless rear wheel spindle for my M20 and another large bag of stainless fasters for my various projects...MMmmm...lovely stainless steel...

Also picked up the crank for the sprinter which has had its needle roller big end fitted, so at last I can now start getting the engine together...

Saw some very tempting bikes for sale and particularly struggled to resist a very original 1953 500cc BMW with Horche fuel tank fitted (that was signed and dated underneath)...She was ugly but she had a nice personality... .....

It was less of a struggle to resist a not very nice WM20 at £4750 and a very 'average' Norton WD16H at £7750!!!...Ian

Re: Stafford October Jumble

I didn't know it was Stafford last weekend, sounds like you had a good day

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Yes, I spoke to Ian briefly, and after the auction debacle, I did find some good items, an Original Lucas switch/ammeter holder, with Original gas detection paint, and the early stuff is really yellow, will post a picture later, and a speedo for rebuilding/parts, and an 8"Lucas reflector I needed, various Original wartime parts lists, also a 1943 James one! and a 1936 Matchless G3 one.

On the monday I visited Welbike UK, and saw their operation, and as I know one of the guys there who started it all, it was a nice visit! after that, to an Indian guy, not an Indian Indian, but an US Indian, and found some good parts for my 640 project, which is almost complete now, and restoration should start soon.

All in all a nice trip, and some good (indian) food was enjoyed, along with some nice cider!

Cheers,

Lex

ps, here's Ron's secret newest restoration!!!

It's rumored there's an M21 engine hiding in there!!!

pps, there were 2 16H's there, and both were very unoriginal!!

email (option): welbike(a)welbike.net

OK you found me out Lex. I'm on the turn love Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Stafford October Jumble - 8" reflector

Hi
Desperately jealous you found one of these, been looking for ages - curiosity, how much did you end up paying?
Andy

email (option): a.tizzard@btopenworld.com

Ron Pier
OK you found me out Lex. I'm on the turn love Ron

Ron's peed?? What's he mad about, or has he become incontinent?

Nieuwe pagina 1