Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A UFO: Unidentified Failed Object

I am trying to identify the bi-metal disks (bearing?) that was placed between the kickstart quadrant and the inner gearbox cover of my 1943 WM20. It is approximately 4 cn or 1.5 in in diameter. One portion is steel and the other is bronze colored metal. Both disks are well grooved and the bronze disk severely deteriorated.

I have been unable to determine the part number from the WM 20 part list and am hopeful that someone has experience in this matter. Any advice, particularly the part number(s), will be greatly appreciated

email (option): bcubed77@comcast.net

Re: A UFO: Unidentified Failed Object

Hi Barry...This sounds like a modification of some sort...

The layshaft bush in the inner cover protrudes through the cover and fits into the recess in the back of the kickstart quadrant...
However it is a clearance fit in the quadrant and plays no part in supporting it.

There is no bronze washer, steel washer or similar fitted, as standard, between the back of the kickstart quadrant and the outer face of the inner cover....

The quadrant is entirely supported by the outer cover (steel) bush and is positioned against the shoulder on the back of this bush by the fitment of the kickstart and cotter pin..Ian

And that's why the outer cover breaks with rough handling!

Hello Ian:

Thank you so much for the information. You seem to be extremely knowledge
able.

I'll just go without it.

Stay Well, Barry

email (option): bcubed77@comcast.net

Nieuwe pagina 1