Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
knee pads

Hi Guys
I'm starting to put my M20 back together after painting and organise the finishing bits. I'm a little confused about the knee pads though. Did all the WD bike have knee pads fitted ? I don't have any knee pads and i'm not sure if it ever has had them fitted. If they were fitted i will need to get some. Were the wd knee anything special or different ? Dose anyone have a correct set for sale or where is the best place to buy some?

Cheers
Phil

email (option): wpgarge@xtra.co.nz

Re: knee pads

Hi Phil,
I asked a similar question last month.
Most guys seem to fit them now whether theay came with them or not, the holes are in the tank anyway.
Rubber shortage that led to canvas handgrips, and plain footpegs was about the same era the kneepads were dropped.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1282746&cmd=show

I may have a spare set, will have a look and let you know.

Phil I think the grips were omitted on some of the last ones built but they are nice to have anyway. I'm don't know about NZ. But you can get faithful copies from Jeff the rubber man. Jeffalanhunter@aol.com post shouldn't be a killer. He should know straight away the type you need, but Mention my name in case he wants a picture. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

G'day Phill,
British spares in Nelson have them listed.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Thanks Guys
I will get some sorted
Phil

email (option): wpgarge@xtra.co.nz

Hi Phil tried to email you a scan of the plate that the rubber mounts on - easily cut out of panel steel. Your email rejects messages - send me a PM if you want a copy of the scan.
Rgds
Doug W

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Hi Doug,

Is it possible that you could send me a scan of the plate?

Thanks

André

email (option): Vplrn@hotmail.com

Hi Andre
Copy sent.
Cheers
Doug W

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Nieuwe pagina 1