Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
squeal

hi after some help had my 45 m20 out all week end worked fine in the damp and rain ?, until it was time to come home, it has developed a rather loud squeal at the end of the gear range ? rather like a fan belt slipping not had a good look at it yet sounds like its coming from the clutch gear box area any one had this before ? any ideas before I start on it
karl

email (option): karl.edmondson@btopenworld.com

Re: squeal

Hi Karl,

Mine did the same just after i had brought it, it squealed when i let the clutch out as the engine was under load. The seller told me that he had never had problems with it when he had it but it had been laid up a few years before i got it.
With the clutch disengaged and the engine under power there was no noise. I stripped the whole primary drive, the only problem i found was a very dirty clutch the plates were dry (no oil contamination) but the clutch was full of dust from the clutch plates. After cleaning out the dust the noise went and its been OK for the last 3 years.
If you decide to go down this road also check that the engine shock nut on the crank shaft is done up tight.

Tim Walker

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

First thing, is there plenty of oil in the gearbox?

If you are certain the noise is from the area you think then this won't be it, but is your mag slipping out of alignment and (the gear) whining?

bags of oil in gear box she is running fine seems to stop when clutch is pulled in, not had a chance to look at it to day with the weather being pants this is my first brit bike so just trying to get some ideas before I start on her

email (option): karl.edmondson@btopenworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1