Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
magneto advance retard plate

the cam plate that the advance/retard lever fits into there are 3 notches 1 on the right and 2 on the left looking at it 1 on the left is marked with an L at the moment the linkage is connected to the lower one on the left is unmarked it doesn't seem to fit very well it is a slack wire advance when set at full advance slack wire it almost fall out of the slot is it in the proper slot thank roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: magneto advance retard plate

Roger I think you have the wrong cam plate. Or even the wrong rotation mag. Have you ever had the bike running with that mag? For instance Norton 16H mags run the opposite way. It might be an idea to take it to a mag expert for checking out and configuring correctly for your BSA which drives anti clockwise at the pinion. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron it was running with this mag and I had it rebuilt last year he said it was a goldstar mag it got a good spark so when I get the bike going it will go faster with this mag thanks roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

OK Rog, it was just a thought. I had a mag rebuilt for my 16H, but foolishly I hadn't informed the guy of the direction of rotation, so he rebuilt it according the arrow. Obviously it was from another bike. But I went though lots of banging, popping and distress until I realised my mistake. It only took him a few moments to correct the situation. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1