Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Running issue

I just took my wdm20 for a Ride. I found that I needed to have the choke on half way even after the bike was warmed up. Every time I tried to cut off the choke the bike would run rough. Usually after warm up the choke is not needed. Has anyone got a solution, perhaps mixture issue?

Re: Running issue

Strip and clean the carb. Sounds like gungy petrol blocking the jets etc.

Perhaps you are right I have not ridden the bike for 3 weeks.

My Commando wouldn't run without choke after a long time standing. It was the pilot jets/ airways. I cleaned them out and it's as good as gold now.
I used an ultrasonic cleaner that didn't cost a lot from Aldi.
It did a fantastic job, and I'd recommend anybody to get one in the shed / garage / workshop

This might seem like a silly comment, but.....More than once I have seen guys struggling with a rough engine because they are pushing the choke lever the wrong way Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have the choke on the right way. I will give the carb a good clean up for next week end. I am riding the bike in a girder fork rally ride in the mountains near Cooma, no,bikes over 1946 allowed in the ride, it should,be an enjoyable weekend.

Clean the carb, check the fuel lines are clear, swarf in the tank isn't blocking fuel, both taps are on....that's what I'd do first

email (option): Kit247@hotmail.com

if the bikes been standing for a while it could be down to the petrol going stale ,modern petrol has a very limited shelf life
Nigel

Nieuwe pagina 1