Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gerrit Bruggink Clutch?

In another thread in this forum, Henk mentioned a clutch made by Gerrit Bruggink. I asked some questions in that thread, but they were un-noticed. I'm very curios about this clutch. The thread is here:

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1284314&cmd=show

The website for this clutch, from the thread is here:
http://thb-support.nl/webshop/index.php?cPath=38_25

This clutch looks like a great solution. Does anyone here have any experience with this clutch? Does it run dry or wet? What parts do you use from the existing clutch?

Thanks!

Kevin

Re: Gerrit Bruggink Clutch?

Can't answer your questions, but will be watching this thread as I am still finding parts to fit a single spring clutch to my bike.
With effort I've found most parts now except the clutch chainwheel and the one on this website would fix that problem when I get some spare cash

email (option): tmuir12@gmail.com

I have ridden Gerrit's BSA and that clutch is really fantastic. A while back I had already bought his spring conversion but now bought the clutch plates also. I didn't fit any of it yet but before next season I want to start using it. The clutch can be used dry and wet, these plates can handle it to work in oil. Not sure what I am going to do but I probably will use it as a wet clutch. I still had a NOS clutch chain wheel so I didn't buy that newly made by Gerrit.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I corresponded with him recently on this issue, and he was very kind to answer some questions. As Henk said, he does say that the clutch can be used wet or dry, but he recommended running it dry. Couldn't hurt!

I may take the plunge, but I have a few more things to sort before I give up on the stock clutch. Will be turning spanners all tomorrow and Sunday and will decide then.

Kevin

I have his chain wheel / outer clutch hub...made a huge difference in clutch operation.

I still have my stock clutch installed with the new chain wheel, but the fit if the wheel is perfect: no wobble, runs square on the bearing rollers, beautifully made....It truly made a difference in the clutch action.

I also have his multi-spring conversion but have yet to install it. With such great results with just the hub, I think the total conversion would be well worth the effort, especially if you are in need of a sprocket replacement for your chain wheel to begin with. Chain wheels in good condition are in short supply on this side of the Atlantic....!

email (option): teladelujo@ msn.com

Nieuwe pagina 1