Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Russell Motors Question

I have seen many posts about Russells, like having to Fax your order in etc. Just wondering if anyone has a current parts/price list? The one that you get on the links page is dated Oct 2006, and for us here in the UK, The VAT will be 20%, so I guess the prices will be way out. Thanks in advance.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Another Russell Motors Question

Les is well in his 70's and won't be becoming any more modern than he already is. No VAT is added to any invoice I ever receive. Best to just phone him in the UK. He's never in on Mondays and usually 9-4 the rest of the week. He often spends weekends down at the warehouse looking for parts. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron,

Like I said I had heard things like not anwering the phone etc. The VAT thing, in the price list, it has a price with Vat and one without Vat. I will try and give Les a ring.

Dave

les runs a classic and modern bike shop so hes always busy. hes a nice chap to talk to and with plenty of WD info you may need..
barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Well his boys run the modern side of the business and will answer the phone if Les is not there. But they know nothing about the classic parts.
I don't know what he does about VAT? Maybe he's de-registered that side of the business or maybe it's all included in the price? Here is my last invoice from a few days ago and paid for by credit card. Ron

photo Scan-131009-0001_zps414e3485.jpg

You should have bought 30204 taper roller wheel bearings Ron..You can get them from any bearing factors for £15 or so....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian These bearings are for Leon. He insisted on NOS Timkins. I know you can buy a modern equivalent, but aren't they a bit wider and therefore some machining required? Ron

The spacers that fit into the hub behind the wheel bearings come in two thicknesses...I guess BSA must have changed bearings themselves. The thinner of the two fits with the 30204...
I mentioned it really only to advise others there is a much cheaper 'branded' alternative available to the more expensive Timkens...
I'm sure Leon knows what he's doing and what he wants ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian,

I am a sucker for original Timken bearings. I know they are not cheap but after my "horny" period I am now getting my "bearings" straight.

So it's arguable if I know what I am on about. (lawyer talk).

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

I can only sing praise for Les and his sons. I've visited him times and although he's always busy he likes a good chat, probably that's why he doesn't answer the phone!

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Thank you all for your input, I will try next week.

Ian, did you get my email about the handlebars?

Dave

The 'young' fellas are off to Spain this week so they are closed I think this weekend, but check..

email (option): Kit247@hotmail.com

Hi

I went an ordered a stack of things, I decided to send an order in by post.
I went with the prices in the 2006 price list. Sent the order Wednesday night, received my parcel Saturday morning, Received everything I ordered and no extra cost. Les is a star.

Dave

I can also say Les has given me excellent service with delivery within 3 days.
I faxed him a list, he sent it back priced in the post. I then rang him on Tuesday with my card details and it all arrived on thurs. Everything I ordered!

email (option): paul@holmesfamily.ws

hes pretty good at sending stuff straight away, i live 18 miles away and always get parts the next day, i normally drive there but traffic in that area of london can be a pain.
his wife packs the parts and takes em to the post office but hell only take the payment after the parts are posted so he can get the delivery price..

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Yeh Barry, I sent payment by cheque and wasn't expecting to see my parcel until the middle of the week, but it was there at the weekend I checked Monday evening and the payment hadn't been taken out yet.

Dave

Nieuwe pagina 1