Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
gearbox leakage

SRM engineering has a gearbox sprocket nut with oil seal, helps prevent oil loss from gearbox when bike is on the side stand , comes with tab washer, Fits the following models:- BSA pre-unit singles Swingarm B31 B33 M20 M21 ZB & DB & Gold Star models.

Does this apply for the WM 20 gearbox

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Re: gearbox leakage

Hi, all the WM 20 gearbox high gears are the same as the B31's and later M20's so it should fit fine
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks Dave, I think I order one. We all suffer from leaking boxes one time or the other.

John

I just recieved the sleeve gear nut with oil seal from SRM engineering, but it does not fit. Despite their promise on the website saying fits M20/21.
The sleeve gear/sprocket nut, as we all know, is 1 1/4 " and the one from SRM is 1 3/16 ".
Very disappointing.

John

john kater
I just recieved the sleeve gear nut with oil seal from SRM engineering, but it does not fit. Despite their promise on the website saying fits M20/21.
The sleeve gear/sprocket nut, as we all know, is 1 1/4 " and the one from SRM is 1 3/16 ".
Very disappointing.

John

I second that, same problem
Back to SRM !

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

SRM frequently make this mistake...They make parts primarily for swinging arm models and then say it fits everything.. ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Today I received the nut, same problem.....

André

email (option): Vplrn@hotmail.com

I am happy to announce that SRM Engineering (after my complaint) no longer mention the BSA M models in their add for the sleeve gear nut

John

It's good when they change the advert after not previously doing their homework. it seriously wastes people's time just assuming one part fits all.
Some aren't even interested when you tell them. For years an eBay seller advertised a new Sprocket to fit J12 & Y13 BSA .. but didn't change the advert after I messaged to explain they are not the same chain size.
Currently a seller offers new girder link bolts that fit M20 & G14 forks. but M20 is 5/16" & G14 is 3/8" ... but was not interested in correcting it after being told a year ago ...
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271036199991

It is good that they have changed the advert..(and that John took the trouble to complain)...I think SRM must be a bit careless though, it's at least the third time they have made the same error with different products...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Cycle Fred

Some aren't even interested when you tell them. For years an eBay seller advertised a new Sprocket to fit J12 & Y13 BSA .. but didn't change the advert after I messaged to explain they are not the same chain size.
Currently a seller offers new girder link bolts that fit M20 & G14 forks. but M20 is 5/16" & G14 is 3/8" ... but was not interested in correcting it after being told a year ago ...
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271036199991

You can report an item to Ebay through customer support.

John

john

You can report an item to Ebay through customer support.

John

I alert the seller & then if they don't change it I would see that as a good sign not to have dealings with them.
I tend to use official ebay tools only when I'm directly affected by something or the entire sale is a p*ss take or scam.
I think if an eBay business seller isn't interested in maximising the description accuracy of what they sell to us bike enthusiasts then they will most likely be selling poor quality stuff in general & can shove it.

Nieuwe pagina 1