Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shepton Jumble

Apart from the insane 3a.m. start I had a good day at Shepton Autojumble...Caught up with a few of the regulars and managed to find a few things to buy...A boxed NOS Lucas 'screw in' horn button for my Bonneville project along with a parts list for the same...Also, a nice quality, lightly used pneumatic sheet metal nibbler and a full set of 6 and 12 sided Britool A/F sockets.
I picked up the rebuilt rear wheel for my M20 from the wheelbuilder (though unfortunately he hadn't finished the wheels for the sprinter in time) and a NOS +.020" B33 piston...
The usual consumables..grinding discs, polishing mops etc. were also easily found..
I also found a chap who only lives 40 miles or so from me to make an alloy tank for the Triumph...I'll be paying him a visit soon as what he had with him for display purposes looked very good and reasonably priced.....

I'm still looking for a good R H side riders footrest for a 1970 T120 Bonneville if anyone has one in their shrapnel box...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Shepton Jumble

It was a very good jumble, probably the best in the South West of England at this time, but there were some alarming rumours that it could be coming to an end soon, lets hope not.

I bought some nice chunks of stainless steel to make bits of bike from, a bronze sidecar fitting mentioned in my other thread and an original copy of the 1940 BSA universal spare parts book which I have been after for many years.

And of coarse a great social event.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(at)yahoo.co.uk

Re: Shepton Jumble

I went with my mate 'Ariel Graham' and his son and we thoroughly enjoyed the day. Despite the 20 mile detour round the road closure at Castle Carey
I bought most of the stuff on my shopping list and met up with friends as usual.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Shepton Jumble 1/3/14

This Saturday is the next Shepton Mallet VMCC jumble, anyone going?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Shepton Jumble 1/3/14

I'll be there Rob...Mail me if you want anything bringing..Ian

To whom it may concern;
I am still looking for a gearbox outer cover. #66-3102
If anyone spots one at the "jumble" that looks at all serviceable/or repairable,
Please pick it up for me. I'll pay whatever you yourself find reasonable.
Meanwhile my bike is slowly coming together - painting and assembling the chassis.
I'm trusting the bike gods will bring me an outer cover when I need it.
Damon D

email (option): siradrad@verizon.net

I'll be there. Ron

I was planning to attend this jumble for the first time in several years.......unfortunately, it clashes with a weekend away in Bournmouth with Mrs M !!!! However, on the plus side, are you around on Sunday 2nd Mr Ron Pier for a potential liaison..????? :o)
On a more plus side, as I have just been informed, we CAN make the jumble for the morning and then head down to Bournemouth for PM activities........:o)

I wanted to go for first time but we had arranged to stop with relatives in bath for weekend...finally convinced swmbo that I really neeeeeeeeeded to go and its not far from bath.....just found out that it has cost me 2 tickets for her and cousins wife to have afternoon tea at the pump rooms in bath.....£39 !... ..small price I suppose to be able to spend money without her being around and knowing how much, and a sneaky bacon bap or 2.

email (option): chris@mgowner.co.uk

Steve I can be around on Sunday, no problem. Probably see you on Sat anyway.

Ron

Ron, that's great ! I have your mobile.....

Transport event on the Sat now cancelled due to weather........so we are planning to head for Shepton AM, then down to Bournemouth PM so Vidya can visit some vintage events........that eve we are going to the Blitz Ball at Bournemouth Flying Club, friend's B & B overnight, and then a lazy Sunday heading back that may be via yours if you are free ? We can always discuss further at Shepton............:o)

Yep sounds good. I was in the flying club today as usual on a Wednesday for bacon butties with mates. I gather, Kitty Von Mew will be on parade Ron

photo Goodwood016_zpsd257afec.jpg

Wasn't she the one that stole the hat off that really small girl, then got drunk and left her skirt in the toilets?...Ian

Ian,

She MUST be punished for that..........

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Yes...She'd better come to my workshop after class... .. ...Ian

She's also a mate of the wife Vidya..........enough said..... !!

Re: Shepton Jumble 7/3/15

The Shepton Mallet VMCC jumble is on again this Saturday, can't wait to get rummaging again.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Hi Rob

See you there. Not stalling this time so will be in with the punters.

Can you find space to bring my toolbox along which Lex left with you.

Cheers

Andy T

email (option): a.tizzard@btopenworld.com

I'll be coming with Guerney Phil as a passenger. He's escaping from that God forsaken rock in the English Channel as a foot passenger. Ron

I'm there as a 'punter' as well...There's still a few bits I'm looking for so fingers crossed..

I'm looking forward to Stafford at the end of next month as well...My stall number there for anyone interested is 418..Pretty much in my usual location....Ian

It's a long haul for me down to shepton mallet VMCC autojumble but it never seems to disappoint

I met with Phil & Ron, rob miller & gang & submarine Ron the jumbler

I hit gold today and managed to obtain

M20 rear stand
Foot peg with good splines
Oil tank cap
M20 fuel line & tap
4 x new champion L10 plugs
Correct 1939/40 front stand
Brake rod
New rubber handlebar mount rubbers
Lower chainguard & torque arm
Tank rubbers & mounting plates
Valve lapping tool

All the above were obtained at reasonable prices - I am well pleased sitting here tonight, good value & a heap of bits which gets my project closer to completion

Roll on kempton & stafford

Happy days

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I have just seen your haul of goodies and noticed the spark plug mentioned, this has been covered before but I think there may have been confusion can anyone clarify, I have some nos champion L86 will these be suitable for the M20,I also have a couple of nos lodge C14 same question
Jim

Hi Jim

I can only go from from experience

Until I had my magneto done, it would "eat" plugs & leave my bike unable to start - throw on a new plug straight away & off you go again - so unlikely to be a condenser issue

This was very noticeable after a run with long periods of 3/4 to full open throttle when the motor would run hot

What I did notice was the L86 was never much good after this overheating effect, it never ran cleanly or was difficult to start when cold

I took advice from an old boy back home who said use an original L10 where possible, even after being heated, the L10 seems to retain its ability to provide good spark hot or cold & for long periods of time

With all the good materials used in older auto parts now removed in order to save the planet - I believe the L86 although a replacement, shares none of the durability of the L10

Although I have no issues these days, I never hesitate to buy these if the opportunity comes up like today

Others will have their views & ideas on other contributory factors on this, but it is in my opinion the L10 is the best due the old materials used in its construction

Best regards

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I spent the whole day trolling round and just bought some petrol tap corks
However I spent a lot of time chatting to friends, and Rob Miller very kindly gave me an ex WD thread tap....with a thread size and pitch that no one has ever heard of. Ron

No worries Ron, that's the sort of generous chap I am.

I really enjoyed the day, I bought some nice rusty parts and oily parts, and one part that was both rusty and oily

And its always great to meet up with like minded mates, John OB seems to be becoming an obsessive number crunching rivet counter (at long last) and I even ran into Chris Orchard.

Great fun. Rob

Hi Jo'b
Thank you for the good experience based advice, I will start the look out for the L10,
Regards Jim

Re: Shepton Jumble 5/3/16

Shepton again this Saturday, anyone going?

Rob

Yep! Paul Harmes asked me to look out for a speedo. I wonder if he'll ever ride that Enfield. Ron

I'll be there...Ian

ALL JUMBLE SALES
i AM STILL LOOKING FOR THE TWO ARIEL WNG TOOL BOXES IF ANYONE COMES ACROSS THE I WILL BE GREAT FULL IT YOU COULD PICK THEM UP FOR A FARE PRICE
CHEERS STEVEN

email (option): goodbell@ripnet.com

Ian Wright
I'll be there...Ian

Ian I have just remembered I was supposed to remind you, can you bring my Norton engine plate please Rob

Had a good day at the jumble if a tad cold, nice to catch up with some of the old gang, but sorry I missed you Ian.

I found a WD motorcycle tool roll which will go in the washing machine this week and a pretty rough pair of DR boots and a few other bits.

Rob

Yep I never really got warm all day, but spent more time chatting with old mates than buying stuff. Although I did find an original G3 rear carrier.

Rob re our discussion.....Expect a call!

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1