Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Even Closer

A bit at a time, and I'm very nearly there..

photo 20131005_135514_zps6928f867.jpg

photo 20131005_135529_zps54e62982.jpg

Have a look at the first photo, and you'll notice, like I did, that the Speedo cable is far too long, so my question today is. Where can I get one that fits without so much slack..? Can't remember the last time I needed a Speedo cable, and I'm sure Kempton is coming along soon, so perhaps there might be a better option..?

Re: Even Closer

JJ Cables will make you a cable to your spec and they will be at Kempton. The way I do it is to measure from the start of thread at both speedo and drive with a tailors tape. Phone it through to Dave/Tom and collect at Kempton. 01926 651470 Mention my name. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Looking good! Are the rims spokes hubs powder coated or spray painted? I'm interested as to what the procedure is for getting this right. Thanks.

Les at Russells has them in stock 020 7228 1714
he's not open on Mondays tho

Thanks for that Ron, I'll get in touch and collect at Kempton..

Brandon, Err..? Well what I did was get the paint from the War & Peace show, hand it to me mate Baza along with all the tin wear, and as far as I know he simply sprayed it all, then I used a worn out cheapo brush, cos that's all I've got, and finished off the rest in the *Light Mud* that was in the tin. Its a fantastic paint, once dry it looks light the whole bike's been spray painted, and if I scratch it, I simply brush some more and like magic, it's gone by the time it's dry. This is going to be brilliant, as the bike is going into 'Camping' service next year, already got it booked into a Rally in Holland, then there's the BSA John Bull rally, and the BSA International in Belgium, not to mention the MTO along with many many more rallies and rides..

Off to Kempton tomorrow to get the final bits and bobs, namely me Speedo cable, THANKS Ron..

And I broke one of the petrol taps putting it back in..! Just need to get it running, then fit the pannier frames, bags and straps, me field stand, and the fire extinquisher. And if the Kent weather is anything to go by, I best have the bike ready soon..

photo 20131025_152855_zps14dd21f2.jpg

I'll get a couple of much better photos when it's out in the Sun shine, but I think it's looking great..

The question now Shaun is...where do I find an outsize uniform to fit...or get Jeanette to sow in some very large gussets!

Baza lad, can't help being MAN sized can I, worry not for this is an 'M' series, the BEST motorcycle in the World, I'm sure you could *Breath* on it for me, if it's not up to scratch..?

Just like you did for my M21..

Shaun at least you,ll find your bike in the car park amongst all the green ones, think I,ll paint mine a different colour next rebuild was thinking a nice deep dark blue not RAF paint though. As for MAN sized you could always fit a 16 tooth sidecar sprocket

Hi Kent,

Very nice work and bike !

I just wanted to comment that the carb throttle is almost half way opened,
So, if this is the way it is now, it would be hard to start,
and when it would start-well, you know..

So, just in case you're not aware ..

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Noam, thanks for pointing that out.. I'll double check that BEFORE I place me size 11 on the kickstart, which I'm HOPING to do very very soon, I want the bike running for the 11th, not doing anything special or going anywhere, just a *Target* to aim for..

Soldier of Fortune do a 50" chest BD (I'm 52" and can get into one). plus all the webbing etc.

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/shop-re-enactment-british-ww2-clothing-category,717

Sorry about the coughing at the end of this video, but I'm having a near death experiance with Man Flu..

The 'Smoke' is, I THINK..? The cheapo paint the last owner smoothered the engine with, it don't smell like oil, and it's got right down me throat. I KNOW the brake light is on, worry not it's all fixed now, and the Amp meter was showing a discharge, cos the lad had the wires on the wrong terminals..! The clutch slips a tiny bit, but I found there was no 'Free Play' at the gearbox lever, this is sorted now. And the clutch lever fell down just as I was changing into second, nearly hit a parked car..

Just got me panniers to fit, and the fire extinquisher, and find out why the rear wheel is covered in oil..? I think it's from the gearbox..? Might be too full I HOPE, don't want to muck about too much, it's fantastic to ride. Had it up to 40mph and it's pulling like a train, brakes work well too, which came as a surprise...

So anyway, click on the photo and hear it running...

Great stuff, a fantastic feeling when your hard work comes together.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1