Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Disaster

The clutch sleeve dropped out of the clutch, dispersing the rollers to all corners of the workshop. I retrieved 20, but the missing 2 remain missing.
Question: do I have to order a new set, or will 20 do

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Re: Disaster

NO IT WILL NOT! I'm sure I've got some spare if you don't find them Hans.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I've also got a few spare somewhere, if you get stuck!

cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

I would certainly not try to run with 2 less Hans, on the off chance one got turned sideways it would surely trash the races. Don't worry though, as soon as you order the new bearings you will find the old ones

PS. I just checked. I have some new ones. Let me know if you need some Hans....Or maybe Peter is just over the border?
I bought these for a Triumph clutch, until I found out that Triumph rollers are 8-12 thou shorter for some stupid reason. Ron

photo M20236_zps0b35c339.jpg

Too late now I know, but I have taken to attaching Neodym magnets to the work bench or bits of bike when doing stuff like steering head bearing or whatever where rollers and ball bearings have a habit of going awol. These powerful little mangets are pretty cheap and will usually catch anything that falls near them.

Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Am sure I'll have some Hans, shoot me a mail, my phone is at the repairshop!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike(a)welbike.net

Don't give up finding them. Get a magnet on a stick and go fishing. I have a telescoping antenna 4 feet long that I tape a flashlight to. It works better than you'd believe!

Beer helps too.

Thanks guys, this is a wonderful site
SWMBO (for 50 years already, who can beat that ) took pity on me, went on all fours and discovered the two missing ones in a place where they COULD NOT HAVE GONE
Again, thanks!

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

All BSA, Triumph and AMC clutch use those short rollers, never found out why.

As for wives finding things, why is it if you ask her where's such and such you get a lecture on why should she know,she hasn't got time to look for your rubbish, then they come along and delight in doing something like that.

plus chances are she'll say, after your hours of searching, "why didnt you ask me to look"

tonight I just lost a tiny E clip off a carb needle, can't find it but I did find the float spindle from another carb I lost last week.

email (option): deadsheds@yahoo.com

I dismantled my 16H oil pressure indicator, I put it back together using some thin long nosed pliers on the very thin "G" shaped circlip. It got jammed somehow, then "ping" it shot into the corner of the garage...! You know the one... that's full of everything you haven't got a home for and is piled up like a game of "Jenga". I had no choice but the take everything out of there and use a magnet on a stick and dustpan and brush etc. I couldn't find it and put everything back. I then took one step in the other direction and there it was on the floor by the bench I saw it go into the corner but it must have bounced back. Glad I found it I don't think you can buy one anywhere.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I thought Ian might step in regarding the short rollers. My typing finger is too tired!

Horror
I dismantled my 16H oil pressure indicator, I put it back together using some thin long nosed pliers on the very thin "G" shaped circlip. It got jammed somehow, then "ping" it shot into the corner of the garage...! .

That's what they call a pat-wing clip. You know why they call it that, don't you?

When you're assembling it, it goes PATWIIIIING!!!! And flies across the garage!

Definitely 1/4 x 1/4 On all the BSA clutches I have built. I can simply buy them 2 miles up the road at 'Ashley Power bearings' I had no end of grief with my 38 Speedtwin clutch until I found out about the short rollers that were purported to be a Triumph only phenomenon? Ron

last BSA at leats the ones withe Triumph converter, certainly
AMC burman clutch.

email (option): deadsheds@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1