Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
strange

I brought a gallon of unleaded 2 week ago put some in one of these hanging petrol containers about 10 days ago it was clean the petrol has gone a dark brown colour strange

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: strange

If you pee in a bottle and leave it open to the air it will do the same. What does this suggest about the petrol we are getting today?

email (option): petercomley@web.de

I left the petrol (unleaded 95)in my cooker for about 5 months and really had trouble to light the burner at Netley Marsh autojumble. It just wouldn't burn properly just big yellow flames, once replaced with fresh petrol it worked just fine again.

I still wouldn't pee in my petrol tank but not that much difference it seems.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Here in the States, at some gas stations, we can get what is called "recreational gas" which is gas WITHOUT ethanol.

Alcohol like water, so it will pick it up out of the air. Hence, you gas (petrol) now has too much water to burn.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

My old pre war Matchless [ Matchlii? I have two]will run on anything that I can set light to.
It'll start easily on year old fuel as will my 1928 Sunbeam.
all have really good magnetos.

Modern fuel though, really buggers up the fuel system rubbers on my garden machinery.
Moral, ride older bikes and give me all your stale fuel folks.

I have started to drain my bike fuel tanks soley because of the water/ethenol thing,I do not want a rotted out tank.

email (option): deadsheds@yahoo.com

Way back in the seventies I remember riding to catch the Douglas ferry, on a Velocette, very early in the morning and realising I didn't have enough petrol to make it! With no garages open at that time I stopped at some roadworks and poured the contents of one of those hurricane type lamps they used to have at roadworks, (God knows what was in it) into the tank. Started up fine and made it in good time to catch the boat!

Nieuwe pagina 1