Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 pipe identificaction please

Having received my WM20 as a rolling frame with four boxes of bits, I have now worked out roughly what goes where, with the exception of one query - what is this pipe and where does it go to? I have the bit shown green in the photo and also the brass nut, but no pipe - has anyone got a spare one to sell?
Scorp.

email (option): wm20@scorpionvideo.net

Re: WM20 pipe identificaction please

Scorp it's just a breather, so open to atmosphere at the other end. Mine dangles down in front of the gearbox, but you can use it to mist some oil onto your rear chain.......if you like an oily back tyre? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron Pier
Scorp it's just a breather, so open to atmosphere at the other end. Mine dangles down in front of the gearbox, but you can use it to mist some oil onto your rear chain.......if you like an oily back tyre? Ron

Thanks Ron, If that's all it is I can probably bodge something up from my 'box of stuff that will be useful oneday'.
Scorp.

Hi Scorp,Ron beat me to it but i cant remember if its 1/4" or 5/16".Yo will need a
solder on nipple and nut (1/4 bsp)and tube to suit.Here's Ron's supplier
http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/categories/vintage-car-parts-taps-pipe-and-fittings-fittings
or Ebay 330935313296 will give you another supplier,1/4" nut definite and 1
metre of tube will do a few.Pretty sure its 1/4" for the breathers and 5/16"
for the oil lines.
hope this helps,cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Well done Rick. It is indeed 1/4" pipe (same as the fuel line) All you need is a short piece of copper tube and a nipple. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It actually has a small hole right in front of the chain to indeed lubricate it.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I just put mine on my bike last night , a NOS one that I got from Henk a while ago (Thanks Henk!) but I didn't notice a small hole in it, jut the bottom end of the pipe. Is there supposed to be a clip or some retainer to hold it somewhere at the bottom end? Or does it just hang free? I positioned the end between the gearbox and frame tube, but tmaybe it should go between the frame tube and the inner primary?

Henk WM20 2415
It actually has a small hole right in front of the chain to indeed lubricate it.
Henk

I've just looked through a dozen or so bit of twisted brass tube that came with the bike and, guess what, there's a piece with a small hole in it! No nipple on it, but can now see where one might have been. Problem solved - thanks chaps.
Scorp.

Nieuwe pagina 1