Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gearbox pictures

These are the pictures of John O'b; there are only two, one of the three was a duplicate!
Job 1 photo photojob1_zps5ebf5087.jpg

Job 2 photo photojob3_zpsb238cb9c.jpg

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Re: Gearbox pictures

Thanks Hans

Is the top one 1st gear and the bottom Picture 4th gear?

Cheers

Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

There was no text with the pictures but I suppose that the first shows the first, and the second the fourth

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Good stuff! Thank you very much.

Question for you: what is the approximate throw on the gearbox when everything is adjusted properly?

Mine is the only M20 I've ridden. I've rebuilt my box as best as I could following the manual. My gear selector takes approximately 5 inches to change up. That sure seems excessive. I assume I could accomplish a shorter throw by lengthening the shaft attached to the clevis, is that right?

Kevin

Hi Kevin, 5" sounds about right fo the gear lever travel.
Adjusting the control rod length will only alter the engagement of the selector dogs not the gear lever travel. If gear selection is good then don't alter the control rod length.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Try looking for wear on the pawl pins and on the plate that it engages with , just a little bit of wear here can result in excessive travel, also maybe someone has ground the ends of the pawls if they looked worn, also check your gear lever is not loose on its splines as just a few thousandths of an inch here could be about half an inch on the end of the lever. Check also the pins on the rod aren't worn and that all the bushes are snug as just a little bit of movement here can also amplify the gear lever travel

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1