Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tool kit on Ebay

I don't know if anybody has seen this toolkit on Ebay, currently at £92.00 looks to be complete and has a pump with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-Motorcycle-Toolkit-for-Military-WD-use-M20-B40-including-Tyre-Inflator-etc-/321201751960?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4ac91dc798

Re: Tool kit on Ebay

I imagine everyone who is looking for a toolkit, on ebay and elsewhere, will probably have seen it; and all will have been hoping that no-one else will have so that the price didn't get popped up to the nearly £200 the last one went for. All it needs is no-one to post it on an open forum and ....ooooops! Too late.

Hmmm....not much BSA there and lots of unprovable provenance. Recent toolroll cord strategically placed over date stamp....

There has been a flood of inflators of late, all bearing the manufacturer's address...I'd wager a penny to a pound that someone on the sub-continent has got themselves an engraving machine.

Caveat Emptor and all that...

In the kit on ebay are only four tools that could be correct for an M20, the adjustable spanner seems to be 6" and should be 4".

This is a trick that seems to work over and over again.

This is what should be in a BSA tool kit.
http://wdbsa.nl/tools.htm

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk, in your picture if the adjustable is 4 inch's long, how tall would the oil can be?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(at)yahoo.co.uk

If you look at his feedback a lot of toolkit spanners are a recurring theme, perhaps like me he does a lot of boot sale rummaging?

Not every Jenbro box spanner is off a Vincent until it goes on ebay, likewise Dunlop spoon levers, Elliot Lucas pliers and war finish King Dick adjustables.

guilty as charged here also.

email (option): deadsheds@yahoo.com

Rob Miller
Henk, in your picture if the adjustable is 4 inch's long, how tall would the oil can be?

Rob

I have the feeling that the drawing isn't very accurate when you compare some of the tools and I seem to remember reading about these adjustable spanners being 4". Correct me if I am wrong, I can handle that

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

btb
I imagine everyone who is looking for a toolkit, on ebay and elsewhere, will probably have seen it; and all will have been hoping that no-one else will have so that the price didn't get popped up to the nearly £200 the last one went for. All it needs is no-one to post it on an open forum and ....ooooops! Too late.

I never really thought about it and I would guess this is not the only place it was posted. I only mentioned it as I was not interested myself, also people are always posting ebay bits and bikes on here......

No problem for me mate, as you say it happens all the time on all sorts of forums. But I know it does sometimes get commented on by 'the hopefuls' who really wanted no-one else to spot that badly listed Brough, currently under offer of 0.75p and a packet of winegums! At the time of writing (11mins to go) it's on £127. Over the last few months I've picked up most of these items individually on my local fleamarket, total so far £13.50. Not got the adjuster or the oil can yet. Still looking.

You're right Rik, one seller has the best collection of names pumps I've ever seen. he's stated before that they are from a bike shop that closed down.
I think it might be this seller;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-Motorcycle-ToolkIt-B25-Starfire-Bantam-B40-etc-including-Tyre-Inflator-/321206779453?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4ac96a7e3d

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re BSA B25 toolkit. I read the ebay description as quote 'All of the equipment is british made' I see that as, all British made reproduction and except, quote ' the spanners contained in the kit are original items' so it seems the spanners are original.....? The tyre pump is as stated 'Fits' etc It is an accurate description of whats for sale, or, is it? Lots of stuff, original, reproduction etc etc for sale on internet these days, not all made in china either!!

Nieuwe pagina 1