Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WW2 Leather Panniers?

What do you make of these then? Ebay number 390657587530 Leather Panniers? really?

Re: WW2 Leather Panniers?

I hope he doesn't miss the last boat to Fantasy Island.... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Those are interesting really, nothing to do with motorcycles, maybe on the Norton B4, but they are Bren mag leather pouches, for use on Bren carriers.

Anyway, that's what Ron told me years ago, and I did find some, for a good price.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike(at)welbike.net

Coincidently, I've had a bit of a dig around in my shed and I've found two of these leather boxes, exactly like the ones in the listing. Are we sure they are for magazine pouches for Bren Carriers? I'd like to know if they are, Bren Magazines do seem to fit perfectly into them. Any comment Ron?

Ron is away for the weekend I believe, he'll report when back, but am 99% sure he showed me these on his carrier.

Cheers,

Lex

I see that the seller has now added a line at the end of his listing saying that he's been informed that these are not motorcycle panniers, but are actually Bren magazine pouches for the Universal Carrier, so there you go.

He might aswell have read that here!

Cheers,

Lex

Yes Bill/Lex. This is what they look like when installed. The carrier has a rail down both sides to hang them on. They will probably have a TL or CTL number on them depending if they are British or Canadian. Ron

photo carrier045_zps3544a841.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Well that settles that then. Exactly the same, cheers Ron. We've gone a bit off topic from motorcyles, but well worth knowing. Now I've got a couple of these, I'll have to get a Carrier for them to go in?

Nieuwe pagina 1