Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TV and a film

On British television this Saturday is the film Dunkirk.
And that program last night called The Wipers Times was brilliant. Maybe it is available on the net for the overseas lads. Its worth watching.

Re: TV and a film

I remember being taken to see this film when it came out by a family friend who was at Dunkirk, didn't get to see the whole film as he was so upset by it we came out half way through just shows what terrible experiences our troops went through.
His
name was Bert White and he worked for Paignton Shellfish company after the war.

Is this the movie? Made in 1958.

http://archive.org/details/4thDoubleBillTheWayToTheStars1945AndDunkirk1958PlusExtras

Hi Vincent
The 1958 film 'Dunkirk' starring Richard Mills looks to be the correct one.

Its a good film, made in the days when there was plenty of real props and vehicles to use and not rely on computer image, the scene in the woods with the 25 pounders is worth a close study as is the scene with the Don R 29 minutes into the film

Peter, Please could tell me/us what time and channel for Dunkirk I've had a flick through but can't see it. I want to record it. It's available on DVD but its over 20 quid. (john Mills)

email (option): michaelggilbert@btinternet.com

Hi Michael.

Dunkirk Film, ITV4 4.15PM till 7.00PM Saturday 14th September

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks Dave.

email (option): michaelggilbert@btinternet.com

Hey no problems,

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi
Out of interest the scene where they blow the bridge near the beginning of the film was shot at Teston (near Maidstone) in Kent!
Andy

email (option): andy@borderarchaeology.com

As was the farm house scene, shot near marden , and it's a Kent Oast house, (where Hops.are dried)these are now turned into houses and seen all over Kent and Sussex , so I'm thinking All tthe outside shots were shot in the same area nr Maidstone in Kent I need to take another look to see if I can match scenes to then and now Andrew.h

email (option): Warbikes

Nieuwe pagina 1