Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear chain guard installation.

Having just put the rear wheel in place and about to install the chain, I find it's become a Chinese puzzle getting the chainguard in place. What is easier, sliding it in from the front, rear, or taking the wheel out to put the chainguard in there first? Any way will seem to mess up the fresh paint.

Re: Rear chain guard installation.

Hi Vincent, I removed the rear tail section of the fender, pulled the support stays of the lower bolt on left side, and slid it in from the rear. Hope it works for you.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Vinc, it is probably easier to install the chain-guard before the wheel. Since when you remove/replace the wheel afterwards, the chain-guard is always in place. That's how I've just done it on my special.....and I certainly didn't want to scratch that!! Ron

photo IndianS195_zpsf2b05a90.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,
Now that is special! That engine just looks to fit right in there.
A buddy of mine once had an Indian 500 engine in his garage for years, he took it on a trade for a TR6 Triumph Trophy. Never did anything with it, but I should ask him where it went.
I did manage to finagle the chainguard in place, without any major damage to the finish, but will know better next time.

Ron Pier
Vinc, it is probably easier to install the chain-guard before the wheel. Since when you remove/replace the wheel afterwards, the chain-guard is always in place. That's how I've just done it on my special.....and I certainly didn't want to scratch that!! Ron

photo IndianS195_zpsf2b05a90.jpg

Ron. I like the special, is that the same type engine as the guy from NZ where he made his own crank case etc but had to extend the frame by a couple of inches to get it to fit in, great job mate I only wish I had room to play with something like that.
TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Nothing so brave John as building my own crank cases! It an Indian 741 engine with big bore pistons and valves in an M20 frame. I didn't need to stretch the frame, just make up different engine plates and mill the case lugs down a bit.
It's a 1942 Military Scout Engine and a 1944 WM20 frame. I'm surprised that they didn't get together and build this during the war

Ron

photo IndianS001_zps037b72e5.jpg

I can do that!

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Well don't just sit there talking about it Henri Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1