Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
parts supplier uk

Hi Guys
I placed an add in my local BSA club mag and it was also put online. I received an email from A "Stuart Robson" ( Mill Street, Gowerton, Swansea, West Glamorgan SA4 3ED ).
I'm a little suspicious of e mails after a bad experience. Does anyone know of this place and person? Or does anyone live close to this address that could check it out for me ?

Cheers
Phil
BSA M20-109711

email (option): wpgarage@xtra.co.nz

Re: parts supplier uk

G'day Phil.
You can sometimes tell by their reply. ie incorrect spelling or grammar or offering everything you're looking for and more.
You can also try plunging the address into google maps.
Lastly ask for photos of the parts at odd angles, ones that you're not likely to find on the web.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Well Gowerton exists...I used to live in Swansea...and a quick search revealed the address and post code are genuine as well...Whether this guy lives there is another matter...I have heard of scams where the address turned out to be an empty property, in one case a closed down garage....

The usual thing applies I guess...ask for detailed photos of the parts...then ask for some from different angles...Tell the seller you have a relative that lives in that area and could they come round to look at the parts?...That will call his bluff...You could post on the forum to see if any of us does actually live nearby and could pay a visit....

You could post the e mail here as well...Anyone in the UK will rapidly pick up on unusual language or incorrect use of grammar...

However, unless you really need the stuff or if you think there is a chance you might find it from other, more identifiable, sources I'd just forget it....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

If Gowerton exists, as Ian says, why not give them a ring. Assuming the're not ex-directory, you should be able to speak to the guy who's contacted you.
Scorp.

Thanks guys. i have asked for pics etc so will see what happens.
Cheers
Phil

Hi,
I found him in some other places:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/want-to-buy-motorcycles-parts-accessories/904417-want-a-set-of-19-banana-boards.html#post11716815

He offered his help 3 days ago.

As much al I looked, however,
I did not find any warning regarding this chap,
But also no info, good or bad, which is a bit dodgy,
if he is dealing with "Auto, Motorcycle, Truck Wreckers"...

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Noam, that reply on that link you posted is interesting because the "auto car truck wrecking" is not only unlikely to be UK based as we say "breaking" here but when you Google that company its in Australia (Victoria)
Also the phone number is wrong for the Welsh address which should be 01792 (or starting +44 from outside UK)
i say 99% its an attempt at fraud.

Hi Fred,

Yes, I agree.
Too many things do not fall together correctly.

Best to stay away from it..

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

At least Stuart has a Wikipedia entry, though I doubt he is the same Stuart that contacted you...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Robson_(speedway_rider)

And I'd say the only thing he's been breaking lately is his leg!
http://stuartrobsonracing.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/32372640-broken-leg-

I too had the same email in regards to a rifle bolt. His recommendation came from a 3rd party and he will only accept payment via Money Gram.
I am not falling for it.

Alert! Alert! Stay away! The 3rd party I spoke of in the last post , I have tracked to Nigeria. Do NOT send any money to this person or email address.
SCAM SCAM SCAM!

Stuart Robson is a scam! He trolls ads to lure you in with cheap prices

Thanks for posting. A quick search revealed this website. "Stuart Robson" said he could not provide photos of an air conditioner. He trolls wanted ads and tries to get you to send money via MoneyGram only.

Re: Stuart Robson is a scam! He trolls ads to lure you in with cheap prices

I had a similar scammer approach me a while back.

When I asked for photos of the bike he was breaking ... it was mine!

The pictures he sent me he had lifted off the web and they were of my bike when owned by the guy I bought it from.

I had great fun leading him on !

And then I told him what a B*****D he was.

email (option): ian@ian-richards.com

Another worry is how easy it is to be someone else on a forum like this!
(Cycle Fred) :D

Hey ,get your own title Dis am de real king of Africa speakin

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1