Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Well I didn't expect that....

There was a knock on my door late this afternoon and it turned out to be the chap who bought my M20 when it was 'demobbed' in 1968....
Apparently a chance conversation with another military bike owner he met, who happened to know me, put him on the trail....

I tried to buy the bike off him a few times in the mid to late 70s but he wasn't keen to sell to a leather jacketed, long haired yob riding a Super Rocket café racer...

Eventually he sold the bike to an ex DR who I happened to know and 2 years after that I bought it from him...

So, I spent an interesting couple of hours catching up on some of the history of my M20 from the year 1968 to 1979/80....

This previous owner is now 75 but still riding (he turned up on his bike) and has a BMW R80RT a couple of old MZs...

He seemed very pleased to see his old M20 again...He even asked me if it was for sale..

Well, I'm not about to sell my M20 to a bloke who owns 2 MZs am I?.....Seems the wheel has turned full circle.... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Well I didn't expect that....

Ian Wright
Apparently a chance conversation with another military bike owner he met, who happened to know me, put him on the trail....

Hmm, I wonder who that could have been.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Re: Well I didn't expect that....

Hi Rob...I assumed either you or Tim Greasby but that he was more likely to have talked to you as you have the M20...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1