Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Restore the engine WM20 43

Hi All

I am new comer at this forum and I just got the bike at last Friday night. I have opsession to restore the engine and hear the engine very quite as I know the this bike is war motorcycle.

Any one can help me what is the step to acheive it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rofiq

email (option): rofiqmgl@yahoo.com

Re: Restore the engine WM20 43

Is your engine together in the bike, or is it apart in boxes? The M20 engine is relatively easy to work on being a side valve , and is very robust and reliable. Do you plan to restore the whole motorcycle or just rebuild the engine? Good luck and best wishes in your rebuild. In what country do you live ?

Hi vincent

Thanks for your reply.

MY engine is togeher in bike. I plan to restore the Engine only. Now the bike is rinning but the engine noise it there. The bigest noise is happent when I increase the throttle more then a half of full throttle. The noise is like hammering the metal.

I live in Indonesia.

Regards
Rofiq

email (option): rofiqmgl@yahoo.com

Hi Rofiq..Welcome to the forum...It sounds like you may have either a small end bush or big end bearing gone if you have such a loud noise...I would take off the cylinder head and cylinder initially...With these removed you can check for wear/play in both of these parts and at the same time check the piston, bore and valves etc.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian

Thanks a lot for your greating at this forum and your advise. I plan to do it very carefully, now I am waiting DVD from Henk to start the job.

I will updafe during on going progress.

Regards

email (option): rofiqml@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1