Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tank-mounted pump

I was fiddling with the bike today and wondered if a VMCC pump might do a decent job of filling the space beneath my tank? I've yet to see an original and would be grateful to hear your thoughts on how close to an original it might be?

Re: Tank-mounted pump

They won't fool a rivet-counter as factory spec but they're good quality and work if you're fit enough. Although the bikes were supplied with pumps, the inevitable service replacements were sourced from a variety of suppliers.

I have one on the 16H. At least it removes the worry about having a valuable original pinched...and no-one's noticed it yet so it must look OK-ish.

Thanks Rik.
This sounds like a daft question but with the measurement being 14 inches between the points of the tank 'prongs', is it a 14 inch pump I need? The VMCC site doesn't say if it's an open or closed measurement

I believe that you should order a 14" pump. The Norton is listed (and purchased) as 15" and measures 16" with no spring compression and 14" fully compressed.

Thanks Rik, much appreciated.

It took me about 3 months to find the rattle that afflicted my M20 at a specific point in the rev range...A metallic rattle that at first was alarming but after a while I realised seem to have no effect (apart from getting me bloody annoyed)...
Turned out it was the disintegrated internals of my pattern pump rattling about inside the metal body...Not the first thing that sprang to mind... ... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

The original pump on our 16H is marked "Norton Motors Ltd" and is completely U/S.......but the outer-casing is still good enough for display.........and it is well-wedged inbetween the tank mounts so good luck to any thieves.....took me over half an hour to compress the barsteward enough to fit between the mounts......!

I have no idea about tyre pumps.......it would seem that many were originally manufacturer supplied and often marked as such (even if they didn't make 'em) but later in the war...? I have no idea.........

email (option): sjmwdbikemad@aol.co.uk

Tank-mounted pump

Hi,

I do not have a pump, but did you want to see an M20 pump?
I found this:

BSA WM20 AIR PUMP 4 photo BSAM20AIRPUMP2_zps9891cc7c.jpg

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Hi,these seem reasonable at £16.00 221184059004 but if you keep watching
on ebay a girlie keeps listing them as ""found in an old bike shop".These
have makers names on the body,ie BSA Norton etc.There are non listed now ,but
over the last month or so,loads of em.If I find a number I will post it up
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi,Here you go,seems to have an endless supply,check completed listings,
any how,make your own mind up 360719481802
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

That type of pump shown in Noams previous post turn up all the time down here in NZ. Usually there marked Department of Defence with a large broad arrow,so there Australian. However like some of you have already mentioned there a tight squeeze between the lugs of a M20. I got mine in but minus the tube in the end so its decoration only.

email (option): Fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

rick
Hi,Here you go,seems to have an endless supply,check completed listings,
any how,make your own mind up 360719481802
cheers rick

Those are 50's bicycle pumps, not motorcycle pumps, should have the metal fold out thingy to put your foot on.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike(at)welbike.net

Nieuwe pagina 1