Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Colour..?

As my lovely wife is supersitious about ANY sort of Green, my 41 M20 is in the process of being given a new coat of paint, and today me chum Baza57 of this parrish, called to tell me some of the tin wear was ready for collection. But we couldn't tell what sort of colour it is..? On the tin it came from it says *Light Mud* and I got it from the lad at the War and Peace show, so it's a correct military paint. But how would YOU describe it, Grey/Brown.
Pinky/Brown.
Not any colour I've seen anywhere..?

Or all of the above...

Anyway here's the stuff I collected today...

photo 20130831_094029_zps88a170b8.jpg

Baza suggested we do it as a Canadian Royal Engineer's bike, and I LOVE that idea, so think it's Maple Leaf time...

Re: What Colour..?

Being facetious I'd say light mud
Keep those pics coming.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Matty lad, I LIKE your way of thinking..

As for the pictures, they'll be coming all the time, till you tell me to stop..

Is your wife superstitious of green because of its association with the words "British racing"? If so, does she understand the concept of 500cc sidevalve with compression ratio of less than 5 and max rpm of 4000?

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

SCC No.5 Light Mud seems to have been introduced to re-finish desert vehicles for the Italian campaign but was never a factory finish.

The Canadians were of course very much present in Italy but they used relatively few M20s. Someone on their purchasing side preferred Nortons, despite BSA's continual protestations.

By 1943, 'Formation' (Divisional) signs were not supposed to be applied to motorcycles. The arm of service serial (such as '40' for HQCRE) would have been displayed on a cobalt blue background.

If you really want to 'do' Canadian then you have to tie a roll of sorbo rubber to the fuel tank and learn to ride sitting on the filler cap...

Nieuwe pagina 1