The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getting There...

A few weeks back I bought this...

photo WDM20001_zpsd2d16395.jpg

Found out it's a 1941 model and NOT a 42 as I thought, or indeed a 47 as the paperwork says. Anyway due to my beer voucher collection duties, the progress is slow, but what's the rush..? Anyway, here's the bike as it is right this minute in the fettling shed...

photo 20130830_164206_zps70ee1093.jpg

Just got the chain guard to take off, and then away I go with the sandpaper, and out with me brush, which will be full of Mud Brown paint, wish me luck..

Re: Getting There...

What a shame. The previous owner would be deflated.

Hey Kent,it that a M20 service chart in the background? Cant quite see it.Cheers Hamish . NZ.

email (option): Fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

Hamish, sorry for the late reply, been a tad busy..! NO, that's a service chart for my 1958 A10. In fact the SOON to be 'My Old A10' bloody thing broke down AGAIN the other day, and I've had enough of them overhead valve heaps, give me a fine sidevalve anyday..

Now to show you how I've been doing so far...

photo 20130907_160240_zps9192933a.jpg

Just a few more slaps of me paint brush, then that's the frame done, most of the tin wear has been done now too, thanks to Baza for doing such a wonderful job. Won't show you the tank just yet, but its fantastic, what with all the numbers on and that Canadian flag, I'm chuffed to bits with it...

Been looking for some pannier frames and bags, and I got hold of these from India, might not be 'Right' but they'll be useful for holding all the camping gear, like me Old Primus stove, paraffin and kettle...

photo 20130907_123526_zpsea9b1e0a.jpg

Just need to paint the frames, and get me a set of them *Y* straps, don't want to loose me camping gear, or Baza will place me on a fizzer..

So WHERE do I get them very *Y* straps..? Anyone got any ideas..??

Although there have been some comments in the past that this strap is a tad too short for fully loaded bags, the price is very reasonable, and the quality is excellent. I have a set of the bags and the strap....works for me.

http://schipperfabrik.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=209&products_id=457

Here is what they look like in use:

http://www.wdbsa.nl/visitors%20bikes/158%20John%20Edwards%20USA.jpg

email (option): teladelujo@ msn.com

Looking good Kent. And its from the same contract as mine. I like the gear pedal on clutch lever. A preselector? keep us posted with your progress. Regards Hamish.

email (option): Fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

I won't be buying anything from Shitterfabrik again, I would use Frank Brown.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1260903&cmd=show[u/rl]

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Kent Shaun
A few weeks back I bought this...

photo WDM20001_zpsd2d16395.jpg

Found out it's a 1941 model and NOT a 42 as I thought, or indeed a 47 as the paperwork says. Anyway due to my beer voucher collection duties, the progress is slow, but what's the rush..? Anyway, here's the bike as it is right this minute in the fettling shed...

photo 20130830_164206_zps70ee1093.jpg

Just got the chain guard to take off, and then away I go with the sandpaper, and out with me brush, which will be full of Mud Brown paint, wish me luck..

Oh dear, another one for the scrap heap, now I know these machines can take some punishment but not from Shaun the executioner
All the best to you Shaun.

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1