Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Repolarising m20 dynamo

Hello all can any one suggest me how to repolarise the dynamo my bike is not been started for a year and there is no spark at all,
Regards

email (option): chitranjanstar@gmail.com

Re: Repolarising m20 dynamo

Nicky, you have to look at your magneto, because the dynamo has nothing to do with your problem.

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Hi Nicky,there is a description of how to re polarise the dynamo in the technical section.However,the dynamo is not required to start the engine.The magneto
generates its own electricty ,and this is used soley for ignition.
I personally would check the points are clean,not stuck together,and the gap set
at .012".If after checking this there is still no spark,take off the pick up
and clean this,also the little earth brush,clean this.
hope this helps
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi Nicky,

I have some Lucas manuals on rebuilding these and repolarizing them.

PM me OK? I'll send them on to you in PDF format.

Cheers,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

http://www.brightsparkmagnetos.com/DIY/12.htm

I have to say, these folks have a pretty helpful website for helping sort out your magneto..

email (option): teladelujo@ msn.com

Have you tried another plug? These maggy's last forever. Even ones lying around in the mud and the blood and the beer. Too many people just barge in and assume it's the condensor that fails. It has only happened to me once about 23 years ago. Meantime any maggy found at swapmeets have been faithful with just a points file and maybe new brushes when necessary.How much money do you have? By all means support the maggy reconditioners but there has been so much scaremongering about condensor brake downs lately.

Nieuwe pagina 1