Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saddle Repairs

Two things, Any ideas where to get the saddle tension springs (under the cover)? Also has anyone successfully replaced the bendy metal tags that hold the cover on? Finding the flat rivets could be the issue.

Cheers Pat

Re: Saddle Repairs

saddle springs off ebay.

I have just got a new saddle cover from this chap

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cannock-In-Shop?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
pricey but its for a bike I am fussy about, made in england not india.
Quite pleased with it, and came with bendy tags and even a lycett tag.

if you do it yourself you'll want bifurcated rivets, bendy strips from any suitable steel plate.

email (option): deadsheds@yahoo.com

Hi Pat,
I have just done mine. I used blued steel straps utilized in holding lumber bundles together, your local wood yard should have tons of it. Just cut them to shape and length, grind the ends round and gun blue your cut edges, a bit of time and they look like factory. As for rivets, the bifurcated types, Ebay is full of them. If you want some I bought a half million of them, send me your address and you can have a bunch. Sam
cormiersam@hotmail.com

Good idea to use bits of those blue steel straps, never thought of that, have plenty of Elasoplast on hand though.

email (option): deadsheds@yahoo.com

I just bought some 2x4's last week at the lumber yard, damned if they don't wrap the bundles in those pesky plastic strips now. Might be wise to hoard a few yards of the steel strips if you can still get it locally. There was a whole dumpser of steel scrap at the lumberyard until recently, I'll have to check if I can get some too.

I thought the springs would be the easy bit! I trawled the previous posts, tried De Groot and others, complete repo saddles yes springs no. flea bay only offered a set from India or the wrong length for £3.25 each! Will try the local upholsterer tomorrow.

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat,these ase short ones and in Australia ,but he may have what you want
these are a full set from India
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi All
Pat - some months ago I bought a set of the Indian springs mentioned by Rick (290963561754) (cos they were cheap). They fitted ok with a bit of a stretch compared to the 3 or 4 originals left – dont know how saggy the originals were!! and they seem to deflect about the same with light finger pressure on a single spring as the originals. They are made from 1.6 mm wire compared to the original 1.9 mm rusty spring so I dont know how long they will last. The seller partsparadise51 said they would give a 5% discount and cheaper postage if purchased through the ebay shop if the code PARTSPARADISE001 was mentioned. They supplied their phone numbers and address and the springs were well packed. Their email is partsparadise51@gmail.com if you want to contact them.
Cheers
Doug W
PS My seat had holes for 15 long springs (7 small) and there were only 14 in the set so I used 1 of the originals – they also sent a replacement oval metal part for between the long and short springs.

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Nieuwe pagina 1