Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Military Vehicle Prices

I've just got my latest copy of Classic Military Vehicle magazine and have noticed an ever increasing amount of vehicles in the for sale pages that have no prices and are just listed as POA. I just wondered what the point of this is? It puts me right off asking any further questions about said advert. If they think publishing the asking price will put folks off, surely it's too expensive and the perspective buyer will still be put off buying if they ring and ask, but will have also spent time and money on a phone call into the bargain? Using it on a Sherman is one thing, but there is even a Norton 16h and a Matchless G3L listed this month as POA. I must be missing something? Explain it to me.

Re: Military Vehicle Prices

The ones to really avoid are the POI POS POA ones (Point of impact, Pile of Sh** Price on application) !!

I've bought a couple of those in my time!!

Its because their that embarrassed at the ridiculous price they want that they don't want their mates to see it! Sad in'it.

I too find 'POA' very annoying...What's the point of having loads of people ringing up and half of them immediately not bothering because the price is wrong for them...Put the price and anyone who is actually interested 'self selects' themselves...I never ring those ads out of principle..
'Make me an offer' and 'sensible offers' are just as bad ..If something's for sale it should have a price and I'm not about to become the buyer and the seller by putting the price on it..
99% of the time I'll walk away if the seller won't give me a price quickly, but if I'm really interested I'll make an offer of say 1/2 the items value or less...The seller will of course say no, but then he has to give me a price....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

No price listed is always off-putting to a buyer; it's nice to know if you are even in the game if you see something of interest.

However it seems that most would-be "professional" sellers are terrified of "leaving money on the table" by committing to a price. You see this commonly in Ebay listings with reserves set ridiculously high; the seller has no faith in the auction process and is convinced that someone will snap up "the precious things of the shop" for a song, and then turn around and resell them for a fabulous profit....profit that should have been theirs.

So, like selling gold at spot-market prices, (or fish) sellers who provide no listed price are trying to assure themselves the flexibility of receiving the full market value of the moment for their precious things.

email (option): teladelujo@ msn.com

If I'm looking to buy something, I think it's only common courtesy for the seller to tell me how much they want for it. I just can't understand why people use POA, it seems as though they are trying to hide something?

Nieuwe pagina 1