The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new g3l clutch lever on ebay

eBay item number:

Re: new g3l clutch lever on ebay

He has a repro Vokes filter too that I took a chance and bid on, if it's twice as good as the Indian made one I bought it will probably still be unusable
I'm taking a chance that it's at least 3 times as good

The brass part is nice, but the lever blade doesn't look like war time G3L to me? I wonder if it's a post war WD item. Ron

photo G3L093_zps92371b76.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Vincent, looking ath the filter for sale and one of the Indian ones on *bay at the moment, looks like they are one and the same manufacture...look at the paint application and the fittings....I would say Indian.

items;

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

I agree! It's Indian made. But doesn't look as bad as some of the Indian made crap filters I've seen. Ron

I did see that too, but the one I bought a couple of years ago is so bad it looks like a child made it.
A handicapped child, most likely a blind handicapped child.
Maybe I should just make my own? At least I can see.

A typical member of the Indian workforce then...Probably got a second job making 'designer' T shirts.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

thats a chap called dean selling thoes parts, very nice chap. ive had mudguards and other bits off him and its not to bad, hes currently getting ribbed G3L front mudguards made..
barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

I have seen others like that Ron, granted it looks dissimilar but its got remnants of green paint on it.
personally I like the all brass ones, not enough rivets but I don't care

photo wdgrip.jpg

also spotted today, an ammo-boot proof burman gearchange pedal

Yes Ken. I had those all brass levers on my G3L but these pressed steel levers came along. But I must admit, I prefer the brass levers, which is why I have kept them till I make my mind up. I'm sure mine should have the pressed steel type though.
I also think that these open levers were produced post war for M20's and G3L's as replacement levers. With both makes being in army service into the 60's.
Yes lots of us know Dean the Bean with his dreadlocks and his association with Indian parts. (D&G motorcycles). I've bought quite a bit from them over the years. Ron

photo G3L012_zpsbcfea983.jpg

Hi,there are a few on if you search properly,but this one blew away,now finished
but in the archives 360671305136
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Yes Rick that looks like the other side to the clutch lever already shown. I'm sure these are post war stock where they fitted the cheaper pressed steel lever to the original type brass part. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1