Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless WDG3L headlamp supports

In my unrelenting quest to put right all the indignities heaped on my poor WDG3L over the years, it struck me the other day while it rested among a bevvy of similar machines, that my headlamp supports - lovely though they are - are tube sections - not stamped out flats as in the others I have seen. Were these supports EVER well engineered tube sections during the wartime years or are these post-war replacements or even just something made up? Will my headlamp droop with the shame of it?

Re: Matchless WDG3L headlamp supports

put yourself out of your droopy misery.

the repro ones are good and made in Hungerford

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchless-WD-G3L-headlamp-bracket-set-NOS-/330988655901?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4d1076151d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MATCHLESS-AJS-G3-HEADLIGHT-BRACKETS-WD-HEADLAMP-BRACKETS-GIRDER-FORK-MODELS-/190881200815?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2c7167faaf

I would go with the originals from Flyingdogboy! It's Geoff from Russell Motors.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

hi fergus(fellow nob).if you would like a pair of my g3l headlight stays im the seller from hungerford,i have some on ebay at the mo,if not give me a shout and i will post some up to you.

email (option): adriancrossan@tiscali.co.uk

I bought a set of these replica ones from ebay for my G3 a while back and they are terrific quality and fit perfectly.

Adrian, you're only 10 miles up the road from me in Shaw (Newbury) !!!!!

email (option): sjmwdbikemad@aol.co.uk

Damn.......

I wish I lived over there with you guys.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi Robb
I bought a set of the originals as per Ron's suggestion and I'm very pleased with them.
Regards
Paul

email (option): paul@holmesfamily.ws

Nieuwe pagina 1