Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gearbox bush

Mainshaft 3rd gear wobbles on the shaft,so I suppose I need a new bush. Draganfly has them (they are at least in the catalogue) but it will take time and cost, so can I make them myself?
Any tips

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Re: Gearbox bush

Whilst we are talking about bushes, can anyone give me the dimensions of the bronze bush in the Burman CP gearbox case that supports the back end of the layshaft? I don't need the exact measurements to the last thou, I just need a rough idea so that I can work out if a new bush for a CP will fit my old model H box.

Hi Hans, My gearbox was so worn all the bushings were very loose on the shafts, but also in the transmission case, so stock bushings would not work. I made all the bushings to fit properly out of bearing bronze, can't remember the number. I also made the closed end bush in two pieces and silver soldered together.  photo GBoxBush2_zps3eba6628.jpg

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

What is the physical difference between the mainshaft 3rd gear 66-3212 and the layshaft 2nd gear 66-3215 ? Got an offer for a NOS gear with 25 teeth but the seller does not know which one it is...

Thanks Joe, that is exactly what I think to do; first make the bush a press fit in the gear, and then ream to size. But then I have to borrow/steal an adjustable reamer...

Hi Hans..One of the two gears you mention has three lubrication holes drilled through it, between the teeth...The other hasn't. In other respects they are identical.
From memory I think it's the layshaft one that has the holes as the shaft is solid so there is no 'internal' lubrication...
Just look for the shaft without oil holes...that goes with the drilled gear...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, that solves the problem

Nieuwe pagina 1