Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Testing !!

photo 2035_10151650152019769_1028508959_nveenorton_zps30b3a6d8.jpg

Bloody hell ! It worked first time !!!! Mrs M (Vee) on our 16H, resplendent in her MTC uniform (Mechanised Transport Corps) at Oare Steam Rally, Wiltshire, in June this year.........

email (option): sjmwdbikemad@aol.co.uk

Re: Testing !!

photo 67223_613751658642057_86936765_n_zpsb46a11c5.jpg

And again with the W/NG.......out of uniform this time !

Very nice Steve Can you post another picture of the Norton

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

The Oare show is an excellent do in a super setting which deserves to be better known, its one of the best in Wessex.

Nice to see the fairer sex represented. I'm showing this to my partner, in the hope that, as she already rides a Harley, she will be tempted to ride a WW2 bike.
Scorp.

email (option): wm20@scorpionvideo.net

photo 992997_10151650152109769_497954994_nSmileyveebike_zpsa0be7e73.jpg

Your wish is my command......

photo Photo0091_zps0ae1376d.jpg

Harley ? Here she is at Oare a couple of years ago now on a WLA......

We should have a 'Readers Wives section'! I've got some shots of my wife charging around on the Matchless at Rauceby War Weekend last year, I'll post them when I get a chance.

photo 005_zpsa3938c90.jpg

On top of the ancient Ridgeway in Wiltshire with the 16H.......

photo 33615_452985279768_169304_n_zps1c8edd8d.jpg

"Readers Wives" section Bill...Lol !!! I'll kick it off then with Mrs M looking more "normal".........

It's a good point though......there are several ladies out there also into WD machinery in a big way and rather unrepresented in our male-dominated area of interest.........

Vidya will be along with me in Normandy for 2014.......you can all say hello...... She is actually a full-time vintage dress-maker, and can make almost anything.........where do you think her MTC uniform (the whole ensemble apart from the badges) came from....?!! Dead copy of an original........

We put the 16H back together to resemble the (rebuilt) bikes shown in the "Army Motor Cycling" IWM film.......hence the markings..........

She's actually from the huge 1940 contract C.7353, but probably not built until early '41...........apart from the addition of the rear number=plate and long, early-war tail section, she's pretty much to the "film" specification.......

C-number is "C4397655"......can't remember what the frame or engine number are but they are from this contract..........we have all the parts to put her back to the earlier factory spec though (eg - small rear carrier, brake rod, etc).....

This 16H was found in New Delhi, India, about 15 years ago.......she was pretty much up together but long out of use and a non-runner.........stripping the engine I found the piston was marked and made by "501 Command Workshops, IEME (Indian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers)" and dated 1945.........a rebuild plate on the toolbox also confirms the same workshops and is dated plus quotes the "C" number too....

501 Command Workshops were located at Chaklala, on the old North-West frontier..........nowadays, it's a huge airbase........

Yes Steve, she's a beaut... and the Norton's not bad either

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

My wife hasn't aged a bit!  photo workshop.jpg

Nieuwe pagina 1