Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"NOBS" (sadly) No Longer With Us for Normandy 2014

I recall with fond memories the small group of us who went over to Normandy around 2001.......Peter B, John T, Bump, Rob, Ian and many others......

But in the intervening years, a couple are sadly no longer going to be with us for 2014.........let's make sure we take time to remember Andrew Islip and Chris Davies who were there at the start of the "NOBS" during the events next year......

I will also be taking a little amount of time to remember my Grandfather, a pre-war Territorial with the 4th (Bucks) Battalion OX & Bucks LI who survived France in 1940 and then went back into Normandy with the assault formations of 3rd Inf Div as part of 6th Beach Group, landing on "Queen Red" near Ouistreham with the first wave.......he fortunately survived and later got absorbed into the 5th Batt Seaforths, part of the 51st "HD" Div, fighting his way through Holland and crossing the Rhine early '45........also sadly no longer with us today....

email (option): sjmwdbikemad@aol.co.uk

Re: "NOBS" (sadly) No Longer With Us for Normandy 2014

Quite right Steve...Sadly some of our contemporaries have 'fallen by the wayside' as the years have passed...I have a few pals I wish I could still sit down with, have a coffee, and chinwag about bikes...
I suppose it's a case of 'Every dog has his day'...as they say...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Excuse my ignorance, but what does NOBS stand for? My acronym finder says: "National Organization of Beaters and pickers-up"....

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

The NOBS is the Normandy Old Bike Society, we are a group of friends who have been coming to Normandy for the D Day celebrations for over 10 years. We always stay with the French Juno Military Vehicle Club and for the last few years we have been staying in St Aubin. We started off with mainly Matchless machines but now have friends staying with Nortons, Ariel's and even a few M20's. cheers John

I could have known...

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Nieuwe pagina 1