Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Pic Tyres

Hi all
Though I put a new set of tyres on my M20 a couple of years ago and not much milage on them, I would like to put something more military looking on it.
The current forum pic shows a chunky looking set of tyres, just what I would like to go for.
Are they larger than normal size, andny help for sourcing something close to this ?
Rich

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Re: Forum Pic Tyres

The forum photo BSA has 18" wheels as it's an official side-car outfit BSA. On the original photo I can see that these tyres are 4.00 x 18 and that is really big. Originally your BSA M20 would have had 3.25 x 19 while a BSA M21 had 3.50 x 19. These 3.50 x 19 look pretty chunky while 4.00 x 19 isn't a good idea as with the 19" rims there isn't much room in the frame for 4.00 tyres.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I just fitted these to a 5SW.

http://www.vintagetyres.com/item/569/350-19-ensign-road-tyre--universal

photo G775_zps092396f7.jpg

I also really like the look of these Dunlop Uni Grips that I bought a while ago. I'm not sure who stocks these now. I think I bought the last pair at D&G motorcycles. But they might have more now? Draganfly used to stock them but I can't find them on their website.

photo G774_zps02e9b255.jpg

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Richard, there's been a few posts about tyres, check this one out.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1271938&cmd=show

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Draganfly has them.
Wade

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

Thanks all.
May go with some 3.5" ?
Rich

Just checking..thats front and back, same size, for the look ??
Rich

I fitted a pair of Dunlop K70's last year, 350 front and rear (for the look!). No moments in the wet last winter.

photo IMG_3638_zpse8515f94.jpg

Stuart

email (option): stu.gibbins@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1