Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
off topic - new 'DR' type gloves

Two points chaps.

First, does anyone know of a source that sells WW2 DR 'type' light tan/yellow gauntlet gloves? Accepting that there are variations that don't match the originals but are a practical alternative.

Second, if like me you are having problems obtaining a pair of gauntlets that are practical to use and (although not passing muster at a stitch counters display) pretty much look the part, how many of you might be interested in buying a quality pair if we could get a batch made in the right colour leather? Getting a batch done would bring the price down to something like the going rate for a pair of black ones.

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

Re: off topic - new 'DR' type gloves

I use ex-British Army Winch Gloves. They are practically identical in design to DR Gloves, are available in sizes which fit the "Post WW2 man", and are fairly cheap to pick up.

If you do trash them then no great loss, you can buy more. Most of the ones I have seen are dated from the 1980s.

Slim Jon

Soldier of Fortune sell repro pairs

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/dr-gloves-product,5887

I've got a pair and are quite lightweight with decent feel.

I've got two WW2 dated pairs of gloves, one very soft and great for riding, the other very stiff. I wonder if anyone knows of a way of making the stiff pair more supple? They are in great condition, probably un-issued NOS, but I can't use them as they are so stiff I can't even hold the grips properly. I would use Neatsfoot Oil or something like that, but this would make the leather much darker. Has anyone got any suggestions for how to make them usable without ruining their look?

Nieuwe pagina 1