WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Normandy dilema 2014...

My Normandy dilema 2014...

Hi all
Been a while since I last posted.
My WM20 has been laid up for over 2 years now, as I have been enjoying my Willys Jeep in the meantime, but my mind is whirling with thoughts of what to do in June next year !
I would like to take the jeep but shes an old girl in original condition and I would not wish to drive it all the way to the port and put too much strain on her, so would have to trailer it with the help of my brother and his discovery.

I would also like to get the M20 on the road again and take part in the 2014 tour and record attempt. It would be easier and cheaper to trailer and I guess I would have an aim for going and hopefully somewhere to camp etc..

Theres the dilema, which one ???

I have a few things to sort on both vehicles and not a great deal of time to do it. Encouragement welcome!!

Rich

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Re: My Normandy dilema 2014...

Every jeep in the world will be their so taking yours will just be one more on the pile.But there will only be 200 bikes [hopefully].

Dilemma ?

Don't forget to bring a bicycle too. Plenty of room on top !

photo ArielJeepC4850659_zps02952d76.jpg

Re: Dilemma ?

In a Jeep you'll just be in a queue. Camping available for bikers. Details to follow soon when the entry forms are available. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Mmmmmmmmmm yes I had that dilemma too so at the moment I am going with a mate who is desperate to take his Jeep to France while we'll take the Norton on a trailer behind, that way we share the costs and have both vehicles in Normandy to use.
We will probably stay at my favourite B&B just outside Bayaex which means no camping gear etc needed but does mean I'll not be able to camp with the motorcycle group. Dilemmas Dilemmas !!!!

My only dilemma for 2014 is currently if I'll finally be retired before then !!!! Lol.........

I hope so.....I can then take life at an even more leisurely pace........

email (option): sjmwdbikemad@aol.co.uk

no such dilemma in cornwall steve, i was A19'd just a while ago !

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Ah ! I'm heading for medical due to my crumbling spine.....plus a touch of arthritis for good measure......:o)

email (option): sjmwdbikemad@aol.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1