The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1941 WD M20 Gearbox Gasket Set

Hello All.

Hope all's well with you and yours.

I'm in need of your help again, I'm afraid.

I've been trying for 6 weeks or more to get hold of a gearbox gasket set for my Uncles 1941 WD M20 but am not having much luck.

I've tried the guys at C & D Autos who've been great but are having trouble getting what I need and Russell Motorcycles but my emails get returned as undelivered.

Can any of you good people point me in the direction of someone who has a complete set of gearbox gaskets which apparently must include

The cork sleeve that slips on shaft that carries the clutch

The small rubber seal on same shaft

The fibre gasket for chain tensioner on the inside of primary chain case

Whether or not the above few parts are included in a gearbox gasket set or not I don't know, all I know is that Uncle needs these as well.

I'd be really grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Grum

Re: 1941 WD M20 Gearbox Gasket Set

Hi Clive,apparently you will have to fax Russell motors as he doesn't do computers
he will ring you back
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Thank you very much for your reply.

I haven't a fax so can't contact him that way. I did try phoning but got no answer. I'll try again on Monday.

In the mean time, if anyone has any info on other places where I can get the parts I need I'd be grateful.

Thanks again.

russell motors is closed on mondays, when you ring em just keep trying as less is normally busy or hes out in the work shop.
barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

OK. Thank you.

Les certainly had the correct (very thin) gearbox gaskets. I bought some off him a couple of months ago. Some other gaskets are thicker which might then require thicker shims for the end float on the shafts

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thank you. That's good to know.

Nieuwe pagina 1