Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ian Wright - V - Computers !

Ian...we go back a long way to the early days in Normandy......

I remember a long conversation where we established that you had refrained from getting a computer.......I think, at the time, you'd also recently got shot of your telly after they wanted you to get some licence or something to watch it.......

Many years on....you've caught up with the modern world........

Any comments...? lol (joking as always me old mate)....

email (option): sjmwdbikemad@aol.co.uk

Re: Ian Wright - V - Computers !

There was no point keeping the pigeons after the telephone arrived...and the computer has become the chosen way of communicating for many....It permits great things to happen..like this forum..and can't be beaten really as a form of communication...So, I've moved with the times...(could I have organised 65-65 without one?)
However, I believe it will really come of age when it is totally voice activated...The weak link at the moment as I see it is the 'man to machine' interface...
Also there are the (un)reliability issues....Like the early cars, potentially a great idea but still flawed in some respects...and very frustrating at times.
As for the TV?...I live quite happily without one and on the rare occasions when I get to see the 'dumbed down' output currently on offer I'm only surprised more people don't get rid of it...
There are far more interesting and productive ways of using time than watching endless so called 'reality shows', repeats, the pathetic antics of minor 'celebrities' and the retards and social misfits on the Jeremy Kyle Show, Big Brother etc. etc. etc.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
..The weak link at the moment as I see it is the 'man to machine' interface...

In world of IT that interface, of course, has an acronym - H.M.I. - Human-machine Interface.

I didn't have a TV for ten years but got so fed up of the licence people calling every three months because they couldn't believe anybody could live without one that I had to relent!

Nieuwe pagina 1