Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Message from Ian Wright

Ian just phoned me to say that his computer has gone "Tits Up" again so until he can Commandeer one of the village school kids to fix it, He can't post or email.........It's the only reason he's been hanging around the school gates ....Honest injun! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Message from Ian Wright

After numerous attempts the bloody thing fired up today...So I'm OK for the rest of the day as long as I don't switch it off...Tomorrow is another story though...
I must get my measuring tape out to see if it will actually fit through the window when I finally lose patience with it....
I may also suddenly disappear into the ether when the repair man comes ....

Despite the application of all this brilliant modern technology, the computer breaks down considerably more often than my 71 year old M20, which hasn't broken down out on the road for more than 10 years.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I'm back to using my old computer again as my new one is on the blink, an 8inch black out mask fell off a shelf onto it, it was awfull it chipped the paint on the rim Rob

email (option): robmiller11(at)yahoo.co.uk

Glad to see you've got your priorities right Rob..I think I might drop an M20 crank assembly on mine.....Ian

I have heard that windows 8 is giving problems Ian nip down your local infant school and get hold of one of them by the lughole and march him/her up to your shed he will have fixed it within a couple of ticks I am lucky my nephew fixes mine from Spain sad about the train crash there

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

It's surprising how many people never schedule maintenance on their computers or even defrag or clean up the disc drive. I've had mine for over ten years now and never gives me any problems because I use the maintenance section! Ian try all that I've just mentioned, it may be that it's clogged up.
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I do that periodically Dave...Though the last time was a couple of months back now....Ian

just a thought; depending how old the computer is, the wifi card is set at a certain configuration, however the modem will possibly be using a newer config meaning compatability issues, hence internet crashing and computer repeatedly freezing...

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

I can't be less interested in my computer. The how's and whys it works just doesn't interest me. I want my computer to be like my tele phone, washing machine or TV- all of which I have no clue how any of those work nor do I want know, I just want them to do the job when I switch them on

I couldn't have put it any better...I too am not interested in the internal workings of things I regard as tools to do a job and nothing more...
I actually consider the computer to be one of the less well thought out and executed 'machines' on offer these days as it is over complicated to use and unreliable...As I said...my M20 is far more dependable..Ian

are you going to netley we will be there friday hope to see you there

Nieuwe pagina 1