Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rocking horse Poo NOS canvas grips

I'm guessing a lot of people have already seen these by the fact they have already had 5 bids and still have nearly 7 days to go.
But figured I would post them here to make improve my viewing pleasure as I watch the bidding wars which are sure to follow

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161070866482&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_35wt_1088

email (option): tmuir12@gmail.com

Re: Rocking horse Poo NOS canvas grips

Note that they are both the throttle side, these are not too difficult to find, the other side is near impossible!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

"these are not too difficult to find" Lex.

Show me where Lex! I reckon these will still make £50 each or more.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I will pay up to 120 quid for the 7/8" l/h side, (N.O.S.) or trade for the other side.

I did find some of the 1" ones recently, so they are around.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

they are easy to make yourself,i did mine using old backpack,strips of sheet brass,soldering iron and some superglue,took me an hour.
detailed instructions are on tech info.

Lots of us have done similar Baz. But there's nothing like the real thing. It's impossible to make the canvas tube and therefore you will always have a seam in a repro. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,I looked at canvas fire hose which is available on various websites on
the net,trouble is most suppliers want you to take 1000 metres,enough to make
3280 pairs at 6" long,so i think a non starter
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Mmmmmm 3280 pairs at £120 each, that's nearly half a million quid

Good news. Just got off the phone with the fellow who makes the canvas grips and rings. He has been making them so that the dummy side has to be packed with a rubber tube because he was making the sets for the throttle side size only.

He is now aware that there is a sufficient market for the correct sized dummy.

He figures that in about three weeks he will have retooled and will be making 7/8" rings and grips for the dummy side.

That should make restoration a little more proper.

I have an order in for a 6" dummy.

Wade

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

I bought a set of those repro grips off e-bay, the rings are decent but both grips are the same size. However, they have a rather ugly seam (which will need to be carefully lined up on the bottom to minimize visual impact).
Unfortunately I left them in the envelope they were shipped in sitting on the floor where I naturally stepped on it by mistake. Bent the brass rings all to hell.
The neighbours probably thought I cut off a finger or worse from full vocabulary of cursing that echoed through the woods...

Nieuwe pagina 1