Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thankful Villages Motorcycle Run - Saturday 27th July

Hi

Not sure if you have heard of this motorcycle event, but it is this Saturday and may pass through your area, if you live in the UK that is!

The Thankful Villages Run is a nine-day charity ride-out to all 51 villages in the UK who had all their soldiers return home alive at the end of the Great War in 1918.

Looks like the main run is on more modern bikes, but it may be interesting to visit one of the locations on a WD bike. I intend to be at one of the events with my WD-M20. For more information and the route, see their website.

www.thankfulvillagesrun.com

Regards - Jon

Re: Thankful Villages Motorcycle Run - Saturday 27th July

I hadn't heard of this one Jon, but it sounds great. I may tag along for a couple of the Notts and Lincs ones, thanks for passing the info on.

I shall try to get to a couple in the Northamtonshire area

Bill

Our local British Legion approached me in connection with this event, as I usually take my bike Poppy collecting in November. I imagine other BL Branches have also spoken to their local known WD Bikers, so I expect a few of us to turn out.

Photos Please!!

Regards - Jon

I will try for Herodsfoot in Cornwall (bandit territory)...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi

I attended the "Thankful Villages" British Legion Event on Saturday. It was well attended by our local British Legion and the British Legion Riders who were undertaking the event.

The main two Riders are shown in the photo, but they had around 20 others following them. The village in question was a "Double" Thankful Village in that all who left to serve in WW2 also returned alive. Nice to see such a good turnout from the locals as well.

photo P1060034_zps3e7e77f8.jpg

I am planning to get my WM20 to Stoke Hammond in Buckinghamshire this evening. Anyone else going to be there?

Hi Jon...Nice picture...The bike's looking good.....My trip to Herodsfoot got cancelled unfortunately due to the ankle injury... ....Talking of which, never mind irate Ugandan drivers...what about the 'cotter pin incident' in Normandy?..That one hurt quite a bit and was a lot more recent..Ouch! .....Ian

Iv just got home from Stoke Hammond. The locals had put a brass band, refreshments, and a nice welcome on the village green, with the mayor and some WW2 veterans. Unfortunately the riders were about an hour and a half late as they had been into London where a million and one things to put them behind schedule. . But it was nice civic welcome on the green in the sunshine with a large turn out. The village sign on the green mentioned that it was a Thankfull village so it does still mean something to them.
By the time the riders left at near 7.30 they still had a fair few miles to cover and one more town to get to today, so they wont be getting into bed very early tonight.
There was Bomdadier there and my WM20, the only military bikes.

Good effort Peter..(and the Bombardier rider)...I was sorry I wasn't able to give some support on the day at the nearest village to me..
It sounds like they put on a reasonable reception..any pics?..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1