Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dodgy e-mail ?????

Hi,has anybody heard of or know Debbie Burr,i have received an e-mail poorly written,offering firstly 100 parts for,then a complete bike which has been covered
and unused due to ill health.Obviously i'm interested but,out of the blue in this day and age questions need be asked.I answered the first mail,and tonight received a reply,complete with a picture of what looks like a project bike that is ongoing.
I will leave it at that for now,we will see how it pans out.
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Re: dodgy e-mail ?????

It sounds like the usual scam format...Any chance of posting the pics?...
If you're interested I would first recommend asking for more, detailed photos of particular parts of the bike..just to know they actually have it...Personally though I'd be fairly reluctant to get involved unless I could view prior to purchase...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It's simple... you wont get ripped off if you don't part with any money. If you buy anything, go and collect it.
It sounds like a scam, why have they chosen you if you don't know them?

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Correct Horror, you can't lose money if you don't give them any in the first place. If it's on the level, view it then pick it up and then pay in full, no deposits, no little bits here and there for unspecified expenses. It could be genuine, but it could easily also be a scam, oldest trick in the book.

Yes,

I also think like Horror.

If it is in the UK, even far, It is well worth to go and see it,
and if it is for real- just pay AND COLLECT.

Any money you may be asked to pay for any reason at all,
would probably be just a total loss.

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

It couldn't possibly be a scam! Not with an innocent pretty name like Debbie

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Sounds like the same Debbie that did a series of "nature" films in the 70's & now with less work & fading looks has turned as many do to turning out a few sheds.

Hi,this is the first E-mail as it arrived
Hi mate ,
i have about hundred good parts for a WM20 for sale , This parts is in great condition, well cared for.. I stopped driving it about some years ago due to it health reasons, so it has been covered and parked in my garage.If you are still interested please feel free to email me back
Thank you very much

Hi,this is the reply to my mail saying that yes i was interested
Hi ,
Be informed that , the photograph of my bike is attached below and i am parting the whole out for some reasons , so what you need do now , is to send me the whole list of parts that you need , so that i will be able to let you know my asking price and i will also need your complete home address , so that i will able to see if i can ship them down to your door step immediately thanks.
My best Regards.

This second email is the confirmation that it is a scam. In fairness I would not judge it has even been written by the same scammer as the first message. Give him an address of a local pub nearby, just on the slim chance it is genuine and he wants to give you a genuine quote. Give him your address and not only will you lose any money you send him for parts and shipping you will also get a visit in the night from his mates who will thieve your bike(s) now you have confirmed their location. Not many sellers ask for a buyers address before parting with a parts list.

This email sounds like the same Nigerian prince who asked me to look after £4,000,000 of his father's (the King) money after he was deposed by a military coup. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Glad to hear the King escaped with his life, his money, his family,his internet connection and his UK email address list .... .. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Here's the pic Rick wanted me to post of the bike, I accidentally posted in on the wrong posting, so here it is
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Yep, that's an M20... not a Dodge!
And that picture is a classic "bike under restoration/renovation" progress shot , rather than a "stopped riding it some years ago and parked it and threw a tarp over it" shot. Probably a lifted photo off the net- anybody recognize the bike?

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!!
that Bike is for sale in the USA.
Back in June 2012

Go to the google image serach which you can find here
http://www.google.com.au/insidesearch/features/images/searchbyimage.html
Follow the instructions and upload the photo into the search and it will show all the websites that have this photo on it

One of the links found takes you to this website
http://bringatrailer.com/category/motorcycles/page/2/

Scroll down the page and it has the photo and it was on Craiglist back in June 2012 for sale.
if it is genuine ask them to take a photo of the bike with todays paper draped across the seat.
Typical scammer skimming an image of the web and trying to pass it off as theirs.

Google image search is your friend for things like this

email (option): tmuir12@gmail.com

Why did they chose Rick, and just him to try the scam on?

Nieuwe pagina 1